Gmail is ******* me up, i cant even get mail on my phone now. I have a z10, a few days ago, they said my pw was incorrect and i needed to update it. I use two step verification so i revoked access and went to settings to start off anew, but now everytime i try to set up my email account, it says imap.gmail.com server is unavailable and your email account cant be added please try again later. However my contacts and calender can be added in. Anyone know whats the problem with it?
    04-07-13 01:29 AM
    I've had the same hassle, although not for a few days.

Last weekend it began with not having any emails through on my corporate Gmail account. As it was a four day Easter holiday weekend I thought there were no emails as everyone was off. My AOL was functioning fine. On back-to-work Tuesday I knew something was wrong. I went into my Gmail account settings and saw the red text message informing me my password was incorrect / the port (I think) 997 (or whatever port it was) was unavailable and so my email can't be accessed. I re entered my password and BINGO! It worked - I got around 80 emails through. It must have been down for three or four days.

I was annoyed as there was NO warning or a problem reported to me as an end user - I had to think this through and go to look in the phone's guts. If I was someone with no idea of such solutions I wouldn't know where to look as there was no warning on the account's inbox.

Okay, so I did this last Tuesday morning. By the afternoon that same day I was at a conference. I tapped out a few email replies to my team (fairly urgent) and sent them. I came out of the talk 2 hours later to find they were sat on my Z10 with a 'clock' icon next to them - they hadn't sent!!!! Back into my GMail settings and once again the same red error text of port unavailable / password wrong / etc was there. I entered my details and my account worked, however my unsent emails refused to go. I had to cut and paste the text in each email and reply all over again to each one. Where's the 'resend' option that used to be in OS 7 devices?!

These hassles haven't happened since last Tuesday, perhaps once on Wednesday last week, but I have noticed this. When sending Gmail it takes two seconds or so longer for it to leave my phone. Not a big deal - but it was A) always instant before this problem. B) worries and panics me that the problem is about to reoccur.

I have my account set up on IMAP.

Is it me or do GMails no longer sync the deleted / read emails between Z10 and your Gmail inbox?

Are Google mucking around with us Z10 and soon to be Q10 owners? My AOL account works fine.
    04-07-13 03:08 AM
    so fustrating, this problem needs to be settled asap. what good is a bb without email access
    04-07-13 04:01 AM
    Thanks for guiding me here. I have had a frustrating day with my isp Demon and my BB supplier Vodafone UK both saying "nothing to do with them." Vodafone got me to delete my Demon account and reset it...I lost it completely they then said a new service book would help...nothing appeared in the 5 mins they said it would...rang them after 40 and was told the guy who told you that was wrong service book doesn't apply to bb10.....to tonight I randomly changed parameters on my settings and when I switched encryption off the SSL, whatever that is, mail account came back on and worked....who knows what the morning will bring!
    04-07-13 05:20 PM
    I think this issue was fixed.by updating your OS to the latest released. What OS version are you on right now?

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 06:02 PM
    I'm on 10.0.10.90 have been for a while....don't know if it's the latest...
    04-08-13 02:23 AM
    Thanks for guiding me here. I have had a frustrating day with my isp Demon and my BB supplier Vodafone UK both saying "nothing to do with them." Vodafone got me to delete my Demon account and reset it...I lost it completely they then said a new service book would help...nothing appeared in the 5 mins they said it would...rang them after 40 and was told the guy who told you that was wrong service book doesn't apply to bb10.....to tonight I randomly changed parameters on my settings and when I switched encryption off the SSL, whatever that is, mail account came back on and worked....who knows what the morning will bring!
    Is it working still? You mentioned in your other post you had the problems when roaming and sending email. This is typical of a situation where your account isn't set up to authenticate with your demon smtp gateway and thus doesn't allow a relay via the other foreign carrier.

But of course demon is not Gmail so a different issue to the op.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 03:14 AM
    Mine works flawlessly.

Posted via Z10
    04-08-13 04:11 AM
    Well Im still not to sure what I did but I have had nearly 24 hours of service....every time i dont see mail for more than 30/40 mins I send my self a test and they come through...fingers crossed
    04-08-13 09:55 AM
    I am having the same issue. Google keeps telling me it is something in the security verification of the individual application specific password, but I am calling a POX on that since this same issue occurs on both my personal gmail and business gmail accounts.

I am running 10.0.9.422 on Verizon and am inclined to believe this issue will be fixed once Big Red gets off their @$$ and posts the 10.0.10.xxx release. But until then this stinks!
    04-10-13 01:13 PM
    I think you have turned on your 2-step verification of your Gmail account/s? So you need to generate application specific password everytime you're going to register your gmail accounts for new devices.

I am having the same issue. Google keeps telling me it is something in the security verification of the individual application specific password, but I am calling a POX on that since this same issue occurs on both my personal gmail and business gmail accounts.

I am running 10.0.9.422 on Verizon and am inclined to believe this issue will be fixed once Big Red gets off their @$$ and posts the 10.0.10.xxx release. But until then this stinks!

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 05:53 PM
    Here's the hassle I get, see the screen grab.

It happens without warning, I enter my correct password again (it won't accept an incorrect one) and my account works as normal.

I guess this is a Google problem? This is a paid for pro account.
    04-11-13 08:59 AM
    Definitely had this problem too. A pop up screen said my Gmail password was incorrect. Only way to get my Gmail working again was to delete my Gmail account and re add it.

My thinking is that the issue is caused by Google not BlackBerry. But still, quite a frustrating experience. Just goes to show how important services are and how they will affect the overall satisfaction of the smartphone owner.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 06:12 AM
    I have the same problem and it has occurred off and on since I got my Rogers Z10 on launch day. My current OS is 10.0.10.85. I have the same problem on my Playbook. It is only the gmail accounts that seem to lose connectivity. One of the accounts I share with my husband (BB990 and Playbook) and while I see a connectivity issue on my Playbook and Z10 with that account he does not see it on either his Playbook (same OS as mine) or on his 9900 (not surprising since it is an older OS using the (IMNSHO) more reliable original OS). What is even more frustrating is that when I am in the midst of retyping my password for one account, another pops up telling me that it isn't working. I have 5 gmail accounts, 1 hotmail account and 2 AOL accounts connected. Only the gmail accounts have issues but a friend of mine (who works at BlackBerry) told me that he has no problem with gmail but his AOL and Yahoo accounts lose connectivity. I've sent a note to Alec Saunders (VP Developer Relations) and BlackBerry Help but no reply yet.
    04-17-13 08:58 AM
    Noone seems to have got to the bottom of the GMAIL problem but I have read on mobile phone sites that GMAIL is going through some verification problems. There is a fix bring worked on.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 09:48 AM