There is one major downside to GMail\Google Apps that I don't like. When deleting an item from a BlackBerry, the item then gets a label of 'All Mail' versus 'Trash'.

This has to be the MOST frustrating thing ever...!
    12-22-13 08:40 AM
    However, I use Google for the simple the fact that I trust them with my data more than Microsoft.
    I'm curious as to what you are basing that trust off of. Google has had data mining issues/concerns as of late but Microsoft has not.
    I would trust Microsoft with my data over Google any day, but I am curious if you know something I don't.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 08:43 AM
    which they don't if you have Google Apps (which is needed for Exchange support anyway).
    And that requires a paid account with Google whereas it doesn't with Microsoft as it is still free.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 08:47 AM
    Toss up. Both have the same response time on my Z10.
    12-22-13 08:48 AM
    Those of you using Outlook.com on a BlackBerry, do you find that your delivery times of email are adequate?

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums mobile app
    My emails arrive instantly Z30! Never had a time issue. Thanks for ? post.
    12-22-13 08:51 AM
    ...not to stray too far off the original topic, I will say, I feel ANYTHING online, is virtually fair game. Yes, it is sad that companies sell and 'review' our data. But, we're almost signing up for that using their service. Again, just my opinion.

Anyway, I digress.

And that requires a paid account with Google whereas it doesn't with Microsoft as it is still free.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 08:58 AM
    Toss up. Both have the same response time on my Z10.
    It changes if you move to droids. So, look long term...

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 09:00 AM
    Sorry, what is? GMail or Outlook.com?
    Sorry, Outlook. I use both, but prefer outlook.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.1259 O2 UK
    12-22-13 09:14 AM
    ...anyone else?
    12-24-13 10:21 AM

Aside from that though, honestly I don't find much difference between the offerings of Google and Outlook.com. However, I use Google for the simple the fact that I trust them with my data more than Microsoft.
    I find that interesting because that is exactly why I migrated to Oulook.com from Gmail. When Google said that Noone should expect privacy in their Gmail (http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3751971/ ) and Microsoft said they will do what they can to protect the privacy of your data (http://dailygadgetry.com/microsoft-t...m-the-nsa/2637 ).

Posted via CB10
    SmileDahling likes this.
    12-24-13 11:49 AM
    I find that interesting because that is exactly why I migrated to Oulook.com from Gmail. When Google said that Noone should expect privacy in their Gmail (http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3751971/ ) and Microsoft said they will do what they can to protect the privacy of your data (http://dailygadgetry.com/microsoft-t...m-the-nsa/2637 ).

Posted via CB10
    Exactly why I prefer outlook. No email scanning to try to determine what type of consumer you are so they can sell you stuff either.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.1925 O2 UK
    asherwiin likes this.
    12-26-13 07:29 AM
    But, don't they all spy on us in some form or fashion? (curious here). Even more so if you own and use an Android device, aren't Google then totally vested in 'checking your stuff'?

Exactly why I prefer outlook. No email scanning to try to determine what type of consumer you are so they can sell you stuff either.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.1925 O2 UK
    12-26-13 07:46 AM
    I wonder...since I'm a Google Apps user (I have my own domain, etc.) and I have the ads feature turned off, am I still susceptible to having my emails read?

No point in them reading it if they can't supply me with ads, right?
    12-26-13 08:04 AM
    I wonder...since I'm a Google Apps user (I have my own domain, etc.) and I have the ads feature turned off, am I still susceptible to having my emails read?

No point in them reading it if they can't supply me with ads, right?
    I am not a Gmail user, but I believe the setting to turn off the ads is "Don’t use these signals to show ads". If that is the case then how I read that is it is not showing you the ads as a result of reading your email but it is still reading all of your email and storing the relevant (an reportedly non-PII) information in their databases.
    12-26-13 09:06 AM
    I migrated to Outlook and find it easier to use. I was never really a fan of the Gmail UI but that's just me. Now, my Gmail is my junk mail /web sign up account. I don't have it set up on my Z10 and just use the web to check in on it when I'm so inclined.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 09:21 AM
    I found that outlook works great for me. Especially when I flag an email as important it also flags it on all my devices wasn't a fan of Gmail.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 09:24 AM
    No No not at all

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 09:24 AM
    No No not at all

Posted via CB10
    What are you responding to? Please use quotes with short response posts like this.
    12-26-13 09:29 AM
    Sorry, what is? GMail or Outlook.com?
    No No not at all

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 09:29 AM
    What are you responding to? Please use quotes with short response posts like this.
    I thought that I did initially

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 09:30 AM
    I use Gmail to sign up for things that are going to spam my inbox that I may possibly one day be interested in. I abandoned Gmail because it used to multiply and sync duplicate contacts I could have purchase CONTACT X but why when Outlook does it correctly.

Out just all around sounds and feels more professional " say Google account out loud to yourself, ok now say Outlook account doesn't that just sound better.

Initially in Earlier Builds of BBOS 10.0 they're the sync issues with the emails both account were affected but my Gmail went out of wack about 5 times daily and Outlook about once every few days. They monitor all accounts GMAIL OUTLOOK YAHOO AOL ect. Gmail has been known to get more carried away I don't have much sensitive data being sent or received but I feel more secure with OUTLOOK. My calendar occasionally doesn't sync back to my Playbook and Desktop but it's rare though, it does eventually but by that time if I wouldn't have set it up on my Outlook I would have completely forgotten. OUTLOOK WINS (Mortal Kombat voice)

Posted via CB10
    anon(153966) likes this.
    12-26-13 09:41 AM
    I use Gmail to sign up for things that are going to spam my inbox that I may possibly one day be interested in. I abandoned Gmail because it used to multiply and sync duplicate contacts I could have purchase CONTACT X but why when Outlook does it correctly.

Out just all around sounds and feels more professional " say Google account out loud to yourself, ok now say Outlook account doesn't that just sound better.

Initially in Earlier Builds of BBOS 10.0 they're the sync issues with the emails both account were affected but my Gmail went out of wack about 5 times daily and Outlook about once every few days. They monitor all accounts GMAIL OUTLOOK YAHOO AOL ect. Gmail has been known to get more carried away I don't have much sensitive data being sent or received but I feel more secure with OUTLOOK. My calendar occasionally doesn't sync back to my Playbook and Desktop but it's rare though, it does eventually but by that time if I wouldn't have set it up on my Outlook I would have completely forgotten. OUTLOOK WINS (Mortal Kombat voice)

Posted via CB10
    I'm sure glad someone finally posted this thread, I have been meaning to for months.
    Sorry for all the Grammatical errors BTW ,BTW...by the way, and Back to work)

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 09:43 AM
    Sorry for the slow reply. Let me know if you're interested in a MS Exchange account for an email [email protected]. Only a few bucks a month. Hosted in Canada.

PM me for quicker response

Cheers.

Posted via CB10 from my Q10 (SQN100-3)
    ALToronto likes this.
    12-26-13 07:41 PM
    In terms of storing contacts, calendars, to-do, memo. Outlook
    12-26-13 07:46 PM
    Sorry for the slow reply. Let me know if you're interested in a MS Exchange account for an email [email protected]. Only a few bucks a month. Hosted in Canada.

PM me for quicker response

Cheers.

Posted via CB10 from my Q10 (SQN100-3)
    Do you offer BES as well?

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 08:53 PM
154 12345 ...