Hi Crackberry Community,

I'm using a Q10 with Gmail Mails, Calendar and Contacts.
    When I delete a mail on the device it gets deleted from Gmail Inbox. But when I visit Gmail on the web there are two problems:

1. The mail should be in the "Trash" folder. Nothing there.
    2. The mail still exists in "All mail" (unread), wich is annoying because I have to delete every mail on both (BB device + Web Client).

Can you help me to get this (especially the second) solved? I'm running 10.3.1...

Thanks in advance
    04-16-15 10:16 AM
    Hi Crackberry Community,

When I delete a mail on the device it gets deleted from Gmail Inbox. But when I visit Gmail on the web there are two problems:

2. The mail still exists in "All mail" (unread), wich is annoying because I have to delete every mail on both (BB device + Web Client).

Can you help me to get this (especially the second) solved? I'm running 10.3.1...

Thanks in advance
    This is due to Gmail's adaptation of the IMAP protocol. There's a couple of adjustments you can make to ensure that email you delete on device ends up in Trash in Gmail/web.

First, go to Hub > Display and actions. Set "Delete on" to "Hub and Server". Then, follow the instructions laid out in this how to article. How to prevent deleted Gmail messages from archiving when synced using IMAP

This works, but you may see comments saying that it doesn't. The settings have to be made exactly as shown in the article, for both the IMAP settings and folder settings. Those who have had issues have almost certainly not mirroed the settings properly.

I have had this setup on 3 BB 10 devices for 3 different Gmail accounts. All delete to trash properly.

Cheers.
    I think this is a GMAIL functionality. It does this also when on a PC web browser

STL-4. 10.3.1.2726
    04-16-15 11:07 AM
    It's because Gmail does not use folders, but instead applies labels to emails. When you see something in your inbox, it has the inbox label. Something in "Trash" is not really deleted, it simply has the Trash label applied to it. Regardless of the label, every email is part of "All Mail".

So, when you "delete" the email using your BlackBerry device all it is doing is removing the 'Inbox' label. If you want to change the deleting behavior of your Gmail account, you have to do it in Gmail account settings. There are several threads about this process already.

Posted via CB10
    Ecm likes this.
    04-16-15 11:14 AM
    Hi Crackberry Community,

Thanks in advance
    Same here. You may delete email from your BlackBerry Gmail account, but it will remain in your on line Gmail account.

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    04-16-15 11:16 AM
    Hi Crackberry Community,

Thanks in advance
    This is due to Gmail's adaptation of the IMAP protocol. There's a couple of adjustments you can make to ensure that email you delete on device ends up in Trash in Gmail/web.

First, go to Hub > Display and actions. Set "Delete on" to "Hub and Server". Then, follow the instructions laid out in this how to article. How to prevent deleted Gmail messages from archiving when synced using IMAP

This works, but you may see comments saying that it doesn't. The settings have to be made exactly as shown in the article, for both the IMAP settings and folder settings. Those who have had issues have almost certainly not mirroed the settings properly.

I have had this setup on 3 BB 10 devices for 3 different Gmail accounts. All delete to trash properly.

Cheers.
    anon(9412224) likes this.
    04-16-15 12:37 PM
    Yeeehaaa, thank you very much! This helped and it works now like it should!
    04-16-15 01:56 PM
    Yeeehaaa, thank you very much! This helped and it works now like it should!
    Great. Glad it works how you wanted now.

Welcome to CrackBerry.
    04-16-15 01:59 PM
    Yep it will do that in a browser also, google's way to keep every mail you've ever sent or received. I'm sure they still have a copy somewhere because they keep everything forever.
    04-16-15 02:30 PM
    Still not working for me. Settings copied to a "T"

Posted via CB10
    06-11-15 01:47 PM