OK, so I may be crazy, no argument. I've have my phone on vibrate quite a bit lately and since the latest update I've have it randomly give a single buzz and no notifications, mail, alerts or anything are there when I look. I happened to have it in my hand once when it did this and saw a small notification star on the hub icon,but it only blinked for a moment. I assume it is an app I have installed but thought I'd share the spooky tale in case someone else's BlackBerry is possessed.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 06:08 PM
    I also notice ghost notifications from time to time. Sometimes it is the Text-Message-Ringtone, sometime Whatsapp.I haven't seen a visual notification, just sounds. It`s not very often, but it definitly exists!
    03-22-15 07:11 PM
    It is a Notification, but I didn't have that part of the hub open to see what it was. Guess going to have one eye on my phone during Walking Dead tonight. I'm like a dog chasing a laser pointer, may never catch it...

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 07:48 PM
    The best is when you have your phone in your left hand and you feel a vibration in your in your right pocket and reach for it subconsciously thinking it's your phone. Now that's a ghost notification...

Posted via my AT&T BlackBerry Classic
    03-22-15 08:06 PM
    I find these when I get a beta zone notification. The issue is because they ALWAYS auto mark/read. So when I go to hub I miss them cause they don't stand out unread.

 Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2582 
    03-23-15 07:39 AM
    On my 9370 curve I had an app to preview messages. When it was on, it previewed every message that came to the phone. Real messages and system messages that were communications between the phone and the network that except for the indiscriminate preview I would never have known existed.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 07:57 AM
    I heard 2 of them today a txt , and a Bbm but nothing was showing in the hub

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 09:04 PM
    Yes, Ghost notification certainly exist. I experience them time to time. Not often but yeah, once in a while. I am on Z30 STA-2 10.3.1.2558 OTA

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 10:04 PM
    Happens relatively frequently. Sometimes I'll feel a vibration and check... nothing. Or I see the led blinking but no message, I use bebuzz to customize different notifications so I have an idea which app triggered it but I can't find the message (seems random, sometimes emails other times fb). Once I had the phone in my hand and a email came in(saw the instant notification pop down with the sender and subject) after finishing up the message I was typing and went to the hub the email was mia. If I didn't see the email I would have sworn I am going crazy. Had to check my email via Web to see it, and it wasn't in my spam folder.

CB10 via Z10
    03-23-15 10:40 PM
    Ditto with vibrate/one ding notification but I think it's one of the IP's I've blocked that is caught by the server and deleted only after almost getting through to my favorite smartphone.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 12:30 AM
    !!!!!!!!! Holy ****!!!!!!!!

I've discover the cause of at least one ghost notification. As I sit watching TV in a near dead signal part of my house the Z30 will randomly lose signal and it will vibrate (that's the setting I am on).

Now how am I going to stop it....

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 06:59 AM
    Sometimes and it only happens with Text Messages

I get the TXT notification sound from a new TXT and a couple seconds later I get it again but no new TXT...

It is really annoying but it seems to only happen with custom sounds?

Or maybe with the default ones aswell?

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 09:53 AM