I've had issues with my phone since I bought it. Issues that were there with the debut of OS10.
    I thought that with the greatly improved OS release of 10.2.1 that BlackBerry was working on resolving a lot of the bugs in the system quickly.
    But that appears not to be the case. Even in BlackBerry's forums, I've often read the phrase "good luck getting BlackBerry to listen".
    There are a number of complaint threads here, on CrackBerry with legitimate grievances with the way OS 10 does or doesn't work now.
    It wasn't until one thread started about how unreliable BlackBerry Link is, that I realized that for over a year, I've been passively dealing with something that I shouldn't have to.
    It's a great example of the mediocrity that non BlackBerry users associate with our phone platform.
    Operating under the assumption that if enough people show up in one place on BlackBerry's website to post about their issues and esp. to repeat the same complaints others have voiced, maybe BlackBerry will pay attention.
    So I started this thread:
    Why Won't BlackBerry Listen in the BlackBerry Forums.

This is not about personal preferences that don't affect all of us. It's about issues you and we have with any part of the OS that still doesn't work correctly or is missing and should be fixed or restored; from the phone OS to using BB Link
    It can't hurt and maybe it will get their attention.
    02-17-15 07:00 PM
    Not a bad idea, but hope your talking official OS and not leaks, which a lot of people do here,
    And really do you think Apple or Samsung actually listen to there customers, I don't think if i had a problem with my Ipad I could get the attention I need from a forum,
    Have you ever tried to contact BB, I have owned all the devices since the release of the Z10 and now have a passport and I have only had one problem and it was fixed by the carrier,
    der_mit likes this.
    02-17-15 07:45 PM
    I won't join in as I do not have any issues with any of my devices.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-15 07:57 PM
    OP isn't talking about issues or problems you have had with your particular phone, he is talking about OS / software issues that "should' be present, or NOT present, or that "should" function better by now.

OP - drop a few examples so you wont get 100 posts saying "My phone doesn't have any problems!".
    02-17-15 08:09 PM
    OP isn't talking about issues or problems you have had with your particular phone, he is talking about OS / software issues that "should' be present, or NOT present, or that "should" function better by now.

OP - drop a few examples so you wont get 100 posts saying "My phone doesn't have any problems!".

Yes i understood that, but i have never had any issues, and i even run a lot of leaks, its like the new IOS 8 from apple , i believe it has a very high rate of crash rate but we don't see a ton of forums saying why isn't Apple listening to me.
    der_mit likes this.
    02-17-15 08:15 PM
    Listening to the customer would be a bonus, but some common sense would be a good start….

Did anyone at BlackBerry even try using Link?
    02-18-15 01:36 AM
    Weird, i never had a issue with Link ever. In fact its been a saviour. The only thing that kills me is the time it takes to do a backup and restore. Its like watching paint dry.
    02-18-15 01:51 AM
    Did anyone at BlackBerry even try using Link?
    Yep! It can be pretty frustrating, at times. It is especially frustrating, when compared to the way BB Desktop used to work. The problem is that BB decided that, with Link, people should not use such old fashioned software as Outlook, and didn't support it, for months. Even now, it is somewhat flaky.
    slegros likes this.
    02-18-15 11:58 AM
    Yep! It can be pretty frustrating, at times. It is especially frustrating, when compared to the way BB Desktop used to work. The problem is that BB decided that, with Link, people should not use such old fashioned software as Outlook, and didn't support it, for months. Even now, it is somewhat flaky.
    That's interesting, because it's been suggested to me numerous times by BlackBerry tech support and in their forums to "switch to Outlook".

Posted via Q10 CB10
    02-18-15 12:22 PM
    The mentality of BlackBerry the way it was born with: "Are you an enterprise? No? Talk to your carrier or someone else. We only handle direct input from our enterprise customers". With the recent push back to its enterprise root, even going as far as reinstating the toolbelt and hardware buttons, it is all meant to retain enterprise users who are still stuck on legacy devices such as the Bold 9900s, NOT to please fans. This is more or less the mentality of large corporations, but much more so with BlackBerry.
    02-18-15 12:31 PM
    What is wrong with link? Are you using it on an underpowered computer ?

Posted via CB10
    der_mit likes this.
    02-18-15 12:38 PM
    You would have to search the forums, but there is an official BlackBerry webpage specifically designed for users to post recommendations. Hopefully a mod can post the link.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 01:06 PM
    What is wrong with link? Are you using it on an underpowered computer ?

Posted via CB10
    Late model MacBook Pro…..

Are you new to BlackBerry? Problems with Link have been well documented here and elsewhere.

One of the latest threads:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...idiots-996361/
    02-18-15 05:14 PM
    Late model MacBook Pro�..

Are you new to BlackBerry? Problems with Link have been well documented here and elsewhere.

One of the latest threads:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...idiots-996361/
    Yes I am new to BlackBerry. I have only been using a blackberry for 8 years now. Never had a problem with link, but I run Windows. I think the problems with link disproportionately affect those running OS X.

Posted via CB10
    der_mit likes this.
    02-18-15 05:34 PM
    Yes I am new to BlackBerry. I have only been using a blackberry for 8 years now. Never had a problem with link, but I run Windows. I think the problems with link disproportionately affect those running OS X.
    There are definitely problems with Link and it is definitely not my computer and I run Windows 7&8. Every new update seems to have a fun new feature, from USB connection problems to back up's failing to continuously reconnecting via wifi. It happens on my work computer, it happens on my home computer, it happens with official OS's, it happens with leaks. I actually once installed a leak just to try to fix it, that didn't work. I've deleted Link and reinstalled it to fix these issues more times than I can count now. And, with all that being said, the only thing I want to use Link for is backing up the phone.

OP, I'd really like to see some examples of problems you have been having.
    Velocitymj likes this.
    02-18-15 06:37 PM
    There are definitely problems with Link and it is definitely not my computer and I run Windows 7&8. Every new update seems to have a fun new feature, from USB connection problems to back up's failing to continuously reconnecting via wifi. It happens on my work computer, it happens on my home computer, it happens with official OS's, it happens with leaks. I actually once installed a leak just to try to fix it, that didn't work. I've deleted Link and reinstalled it to fix these issues more times than I can count now. And, with all that being said, the only thing I want to use Link for is backing up the phone.

OP, I'd really like to see some examples of problems you have been having.
    The problem that I often have with Link, is that it doesn't sync. The dialog says "sync complete" and nothing has been transferred between the phone and the computer.
    Sometimes removing and then plugging back in the USB cable can resolve the issue. Other times I have to try to restart Link to resolve the issue. But as a solution, that's worked inconsistently.
    Which brings up another re occurring problem:
    When I quit out of Link and then I try to restart it to get the sync to work, it won't restart and I get a dialog box that states that Link is already running. Yet the computer doesn't show its running anywhere. Which means that Force Quit doesn't work either.
    The only solution is close down whatever I'm working on and restart the computer.
    This is not consistent problem, but it has happened enough times (recently yesterday) to warrant a solid complaint.

Posted via Q10 CB10
    Last edited by Velocitymj; 02-21-15 at 02:15 AM.
    02-19-15 11:58 AM