There is no such, is it? Why do we have to perform two gestures to close an app? Probably a one long swipe from the bottom could close application? Looks logical to me. What do you think?

Posted.
    yessuz likes this.
    03-06-14 04:46 AM
    no, what gesture u have to use then to make it an active frame?
    03-06-14 05:05 AM
    There is no such, is it? Why do we have to perform two gestures to close an app? Probably a one long swipe from the bottom could close application? Looks logical to me. What do you think?

Posted.
    I don't think anyone has less than two moves to close apps. Insofar as I can tell, BB10 has the quickest method for closing, in that it's a quick flick and tap.
    03-06-14 05:10 AM
    yup, there should be one gesture for complete app closure
    mouse244 likes this.
    03-06-14 05:12 AM
    I don't think anyone has less than two moves to close apps. Insofar as I can tell, BB10 has the quickest method for closing, in that it's a quick flick and tap.
    I hate the tap part. Target is too small

Posted via CB10
    philchang likes this.
    03-06-14 05:18 AM
    I used nokia N9 some years ago and it has much simplier and more comfortable gesture controls: swipe from bottom to top(or from top to botton, dont remember already) closes the app, swipe from right to left minimizes it. Here I suggest short swipe from bottom to the top to minimize application and long swipe from the bottom to the very top of the screen to close the application. Hate that small (x) buttons.
    03-06-14 05:38 AM
    I used nokia N9 some years ago and it has much simplier and more comfortable gesture controls: swipe from bottom to top closes the app, swipe from right to left minimizes it. Here I suggest short swipe from bottom to the top to minimize application and long swipe from the bottom to the very top of the screen to close the application. Hate that small (x) buttons.
    Imagine doing that on the Z30 or Z3 :- swiping across 5 inches of glass is bothersome and time consuming! More so than a short swipe and tap.

Not that I'm opposed to a gesture for closing apps. Just not this one.

Channel for BlackBerry users in India
    03-06-14 05:41 AM
    I would personally like the ability to swipe an app and continue the gesture to the top bezel to close it. It would work nicely on the Q10, but it would be too far of a stretch for Z30 and even Z10 owners.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 05:43 AM
    As with everything that's been suggested to be added to BB10 - as long as it's an option I'm ok with it. Currently dragging from the bottom further than halfway would get tiresome and would require for some, especially Z30 and Q5/10 users, an extra shift in the hand to be able to complete the gesture. Perhaps a reverse of the peek gesture - up and to the left would work for me.

I hate the tap part. Target is too small

Posted via CB10
    I just aim for the bottom right corner, not the X itself.
    03-06-14 05:45 AM
    I think so.
    03-06-14 07:30 AM
    As with everything that's been suggested to be added to BB10 - as long as it's an option I'm ok with it. Currently dragging from the bottom further than halfway would get tiresome and would require for some, especially Z30 and Q5/10 users, an extra shift in the hand to be able to complete the gesture. Perhaps a reverse of the peek gesture - up and to the left would work for me.

I just aim for the bottom right corner, not the X itself.
    Snap. I aim for the bottom right corner j have no problem closing apps when I want to.

Posted on CB10 with my Q10
    03-06-14 01:22 PM