- CrackBerry Genius
- 1,714 Posts
Game pad API
The #BB10 Gold NDK has #Gamepad API support!!! 3 game pads are supported and many more coming soon! (Wiimote, Gametel & Steel Series FREE)
To those in the know, does this mean that's there's the ability, if developers choose to utilize it, that we could use a Wii remote or other gamepad remote to interact with games, etc on BB10 phones? This sounds like good news to be but I'm not completely sure I'm thinking about it correctly. Any thoughts?The Z10 will be my last BB phone; switching platforms.
- CrackBerry Abuser
12-12-2012, 10:28 AM #3
- 376 Posts
Gamepad controllers - Game developers can now receive gamepad and joystick events using the Screen and Windowing Library. Discovering gamepads and handling gamepad input events is done the same way as with other touch events. The SteelSeries Free, Gametel, and Nintendo Wiimote controllers all work out of the box with this API. Bluetooth HID gamepads are also supported. Check out the Gamepad sample.
- 12-12-2012, 11:48 AM #4
Although not on the top of my list of BB10 expected uses, very cool to see RIM include this level of support for the gamers. Congrats, and look forward to seeing some cool reviews of games that will take advantage of this.It was recently pointed out to me that SugarSync was still in my signature, and no longer available for free. It was a nice (free) ride, SugarSync, but I'm seeing Box and Dropbox now, via BB10 integration.
- By Axlfro in forum BlackBerry OS GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 04-16-2010, 03:42 PM
- By James67 in forum Native BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 5Last Post: 01-18-2010, 03:07 PM
- By James67 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 5Last Post: 01-18-2010, 03:07 PM
- By Generik777 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 12-23-2009, 05:37 PM
- By Generik777 in forum Native BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 12-23-2009, 05:37 PM