With all the soul-searching going on after BlackBerry's Q1 results, wish to post game changing idea:

1) How about paying for your bus ride or subway ride with a customised NFC antenna in your BlackBerry Z10/Q10/Q5 ?

2) Concrete Game Changer example: Add the London's (UK) Oyster Card function into BlackBerry, using a locally customized NFC antenna.
    (Heck, I suggested this idea back in 2011, aiming for the 2012 London Olympics).

How about attaching bank account autopay to your BlackBerry Oyster Card NFC?

3) Similar idea, I've visited Hong Kong, they use Octopus Card similar to London's Oyster Card for transport payments (bus, underground).

~But in Hong Kong, you can also use your Octopus card to pay for your groceries, car park fees, buy newspaper, make quick purchase at your local Seven-Eleven, and the list goes on and on...

***All this is required is BlackBerry's determination to take the lead in the marketplace in customized local NFC payment systems.

If BlackBerry is the first competitor to do this localized NFC payment on a world-wide basis, I believe that this alone would be reason for Andr*id and iPh*ne to switch to BlackBerry phones!
    07-02-13 04:31 AM
    I don't think its a game changer BB has always been with NFC they are in that group with Sony and few others I think.BB have a mobile deal with visa or someone.Im ready to use my phone as oyster(do i need an app for this?) and just swipe everything.I was just having this discussion with my boy about getting rid of wallets uneeded bulk.Im down to just carrying just ID and credit cards when out now.

With NFC its just that only certain countrys ,citys are at the NFC stage.Some places are up on it and ready some not even considering it.And there lies the problem.

There's also BBM money being tested elsewhere in indonesia i think.BB need to roll it out for us here asap before someone else moves before them.There are already a few shop fronts set up in the channels beta.BB need to push BBM money out here or lose out to paypal channels has huge potential on that front.
    07-02-13 04:53 AM