If it's like Bridge, then it should work via Bluetooth. Not ideal for a desktop, but OK for a tablet or a notebook.
    I would think that it would default to Wifi with BT being a secondary means of connection. I would suspect that they would try to have as many options available as possible.

FUSE coming in 10.3 maybe?

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 07:58 PM
    What I don't understand is why those icons look so much better than the current BB10 Icons in my opinion. I have feeling the icons might change again to be at least similar to these ones in the fuse video.
    11-17-13 09:11 PM
    I would think that it would default to Wifi with BT being a secondary means of connection. I would suspect that they would try to have as many options available as possible.

FUSE coming in 10.3 maybe?

Posted via CB10
    Actually it should work with w/e connection/network/transport I am going to use... Wifi, Bluetooth, USB... it would make no sense to restrict that in any way.
    Assuming there will be some kind of security/authentication/encryption layer in between...
    11-18-13 07:29 AM
    Actually it should work with w/e connection/network/transport I am going to use... Wifi, Bluetooth, USB... it would make no sense to restrict that in any way.
    Assuming there will be some kind of security/authentication/encryption layer in between...
    I agree, but Bridge didn't allow that. It wanted a direct device to device connection. I understand "fusing" as having a very close relationship, as opposed to simply having remote access to a device, so I think they'll go with the same model, even if alternatives are possible.
    That would make it different from Airdroid.
    Let's see what future builds bring us
    11-18-13 08:57 AM
    I agree, but Bridge didn't allow that. It wanted a direct device to device connection. I understand "fusing" as having a very close relationship, as opposed to simply having remote access to a device, so I think they'll go with the same model, even if alternatives are possible.
    That would make it different from Airdroid.
    Let's see what future builds bring us
    You might be right on the close relationship part, but with what device? I see the future m2m "pattern" as open as possible.
    As a user it would be nice to have it "fusing" with every device I have already at home (w/e that might be is up to you...).
    BlackBerrys history kept proving me wrong (on open-ness)... but I will keep my hopes up high for the future....
    Sidenote: I never used Airdroid, need to take a close look first.
    11-18-13 11:14 AM
    what happened to this?

I'm curious about this Fuse Mode/
    01-16-14 06:48 AM
    what happened to this?

I'm curious about this Fuse Mode/
    I think that BB freezed this project and it will be implemented in version 10.99.99 lol

Posted via CB10
    fbloise likes this.
    01-16-14 06:53 AM
    The point is secured communication using your BB and only when you bb is around your computer.
    So I can not load outlook etc at all on my pc, walk into office and FUSE mirror my bb but on the Desktop. I can reply and do everything from the big keyboard and screen, even SMS etc. and when i walk away with my BB it is secured again.

It is moving all essential communication along with you where ever you go but letting you choose what input and output you want to use. i.e. a super keyboard, or a Mac keyboard and a 27 inch screen.
    01-16-14 07:08 AM
    FUSE mode 10.2.1-bbs.png
    badda bing.
    Brandon Orr likes this.
    01-16-14 07:51 AM
    Interesting...

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 08:18 AM
    That's cool! It's in the browser so you could press F11 to make it full screen to look like it took over the computer

Sent from my white Z30 in canada
    01-16-14 09:45 AM
    This is probably one of the most anticipated feature for me in the next update. I hope it's available soon, I had a similar idea for an app but looks like BlackBerry beat me to it.

better if it's from them anyway.
    01-16-14 09:59 AM
    There was a recent Betazone survey that mentioned BBM support coming to BlackBerry Link. I feel like Fuse will perhaps be a part of Link.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 11:11 AM
    Link for completeness : http://crackberry.com/latest-blackbe...ts-bbm-desktop

Really looking forward to those features. Not only BBM and text but access to the whole Hub experience/content would be awesome.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 05:16 PM
    The dashboard has been extended and the external device now has access to the following information:
    • calendar
    • contacts
    • bbm
    • sms
    • device
    • clientsettings

And since the data is simply transmitted via a SSL tunnel, it's probably possible to steal data in transit, depending on whether or not there is an additional encryption layer
    willwnet, Brandon Orr and eldricho like this.
    03-28-14 11:38 AM
    ofutur, any of your findings hint at when this feature might come? eg could be appear as an app that works with current in-market OS or will this not be until the next large MR/version?
    03-28-14 12:01 PM
    ofutur, any of your findings hint at when this feature might come? eg could be appear as an app that works with current in-market OS or will this not be until the next large MR/version?
    I think everything is in place on the server side (the bb10 device) and they just need to release Android, iOS and Windows apps so that we can have access to all these services on our tablets/desktops. The problem is that I've never seen those apps, so I don't know how far along they are.
    03-28-14 12:13 PM
    This is probably the feature i'm most excited for TBH
    03-28-14 12:18 PM
    The dashboard has been extended and the external device now has access to the following information:
    • calendar
    • contacts
    • bbm
    • sms
    • device
    • clientsettings

And since the data is simply transmitted via a SSL tunnel, it's probably possible to steal data in transit, depending on whether or not there is an additional encryption layer
    What are device and client settings? is device like BT, WIFI, etc? and Client settings are accounts? And are there any clues on whether Dashboard, Chatblend and Fuse are all combined into one thing or are they looking like they'll end up being separate production entities?
    03-28-14 12:23 PM
    So this is still coming? Great!
    04-01-14 09:10 AM
    Yup, hopefully is coming and doesnt get canned like other projects
    04-02-14 02:36 AM
    My guess is that this is ready but won't be released until q20/BES12/10.3 sometime in the fall.

I think Chen is gearing up for a big push in the fall in which BlackBerry markets a bunch of new products.

Posted via CB10
    johnnyuk and eldricho like this.
    04-02-14 05:20 AM
    My guess is that this is ready but won't be released until q20/BES12/10.3 sometime in the fall.

I think Chen is gearing up for a big push in the fall in which BlackBerry markets a bunch of new products.

Posted via CB10
    Very perceptive, but I think we may get BB10.3 before then. 6 or 7 months would be the longest gap ever between minor version upgrades if that were to be the case, apart from in the US of course. Unless the big development push for BB10 of late 2013 has ceased?

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.2141 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.1
    04-03-14 08:08 PM
    Very perceptive, but I think we may get BB10.3 before then. 6 or 7 months would be the longest gap ever between minor version upgrades if that were to be the case, apart from in the US of course. Unless the big development push for BB10 of late 2013 has ceased?

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.2141 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.1
    Well there have been rumors of 10.2.2....

Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 05:45 AM
    • calendar
    • contacts
    • bbm
    • sms
    • device
    • clientsettings

This IS BlackBerry we're talking about, I'm sure there will be an encryption layer. Especially as I could see this being used significantly by enterprise customers

Posted via CB10
    johnnyuk likes this.
    04-04-14 05:47 AM
67 123