I have my media on my card, and my BlackBerry ID password but will this backup save things like icon location, advanced IMAP email settings, HUB settings, and things like that?

I'm hoping to get a backup off my old phone because it's fried and currently being worked on by a motherboard expert to see if we can salvage an update off it and throw it on this Q10. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    07-23-14 06:33 PM
    I have my media on my card, and my BlackBerry ID password but will this backup save things like icon location, advanced IMAP email settings, HUB settings, and things like that?

I'm hoping to get a backup off my old phone because it's fried and currently being worked on by a motherboard expert to see if we can salvage an update off it and throw it on this Q10. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    Yup as far as I know it does everything except SD card..

All settings, emails (although you might need to re-enter a password or two), icon location I'm 80% sure but with the latest Link and phone OS even android apps are backed up and restored nicely..

Check Out TechCraze
    DStLouis likes this.
    07-23-14 06:38 PM
    Nice. Even like wifi profiles?

Posted via CB10
    07-23-14 07:41 PM
    Nice. Even like wifi profiles?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah definitely those m.. it's a fully featured back up, the only thing we need now is for if to be OTA and you could switch devices on the go and not lose a thing

Check Out TechCraze
    07-23-14 07:55 PM
    What's OTA?
    Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-14 08:52 PM
    What's OTA?
    Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Over the air - meaning cable free

Posted via CB10
    07-23-14 09:00 PM
    Ahh got it. That'd be nice. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-14 10:09 PM
    Ahh got it. That'd be nice. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah sorry fell asleep, but the benefits of an international community include someone always being there to respond

Check Out TechCraze
    07-24-14 08:02 AM

Posted via CB10
    Sound like your tech manage to bring some live to your Q10.

As mentioned in the other thread, have a look to this old discussion where I did list informations I did get relatively to BB Link back-up
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...cation-829837/

Things that you should expected that they did not came back with the back-up --> Android Apps and their related saved files. Sideloaded and/or from Snap, Amazon, 1Mobile...
    07-24-14 08:18 AM
    Sound like your tech manage to bring some live to your Q10.

As mentioned in the other thread, have a look to this old discussion where I did list informations I did get relatively to BB Link back-up
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...cation-829837/

Things that you should expected that they did not came back with the back-up --> Android Apps and their related saved files. Sideloaded and/or from Snap, Amazon, 1Mobile...
    Sound like the latest BB Link, now also backup Android apps (Thanks Tinochiko)
    Just little note here, you will be required to enter back your passwords for your various account. They should be all there, but inactive.
    07-24-14 08:27 AM
    Sound like the latest BB Link, now also backup Android apps (Thanks Tinochiko)
    Just little note here, you will be required to enter back your passwords for your various account. They should be all there, but inactive.
    Thanks!

And no, he actually didn't -- BUT -- he knows a guy who can do motherboard soldering and has a very high success rate.

If that guy can fix it, then I will "Link" everything over to my replacement Q10 device I'm using right now which has been very frustrating.

Let's hope!
    07-24-14 11:24 AM