Something we ALL can be proud of.

http://iase.disa.mil/stigs/net_perim..._v1r2_stig.zip

Good reading.

I used my Z10 to create this CrackBerry madness!
    Uzi, Jake2826, Otech#CB and 12 others like this.
    12-06-13 09:27 AM
    People don't check there PM boxes do they! I'm trying to PM you about this!
    12-06-13 09:29 AM
    PM doesn't work on CB app. I have to get to a PC.

12-06-13 09:36 AM
    Can you just tell me a little more specifically what this is?
    tvko likes this.
    12-06-13 09:39 AM
    PM'd you. No, this is important to the CB community.

12-06-13 09:40 AM
    This is the DoD giving BlackBerry 10 approval for use and highlighting various aspects of the OS and ways they can implement it. Completely declassified material. Being ex-military, this is a HUGE honor.

12-06-13 09:42 AM
    Woah. What?
    12-06-13 09:43 AM
    12-06-13 09:44 AM
    OK. Very good edit on the title of the thread. Much more grabbing and explanatory. Maybe that's why you wear the hat. Thank you.

12-06-13 09:48 AM
    This isnt anything new? The ATO (first ever for mobile device) was granted months ago as well.

Rich,
    The STIG (security technical implementation guide) is the DISA guideline for HOW to implement BlackBerry. Previously BDS 6 was approved for use as well. Secure Work Space and UDS are currently NOT approved (they have not gotten FIPS 140-2 yet so hasnt even been looked at).
    12-06-13 09:50 AM
    It's from October, yes, but not everyone knows how to find information about things like this. It seems like every time I ever try to start a thread to HELP someone comes in and slaps me in the face. Why?

SnoozerBold and 93Aero like this.
    12-06-13 09:52 AM
    This isnt anything new? The ATO (first ever for mobile device) was granted months ago as well.

Rich,
    The STIG (security technical implementation guide) is the DISA guideline for HOW to implement BlackBerry. Previously BDS 6 was approved for use as well. Secure Work Space and UDS are currently NOT approved (they have not gotten FIPS 140-2 yet so hasnt even been looked at).
    For record, BlackBerry Device Service STIG, along with BlackBerry 10 OS STIG was released on or about 5/13/2013
    kevinnugent likes this.
    12-06-13 09:52 AM
    It's from October, yes, but not everyone knows how to find information about things like this. It seems like every time I ever try to start a thread to HELP someone comes in and slaps me in the face. Why?

Not slapping you at all, just not particularly news. This was a minor update (the BES 10.2 STIG will provide a much larger update) to an existing STIG. I also believe we had blog articles about this when it was released. Not trying to abate your enthusiasm, just adding information.
    12-06-13 09:53 AM
    Thanks OP.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 09:54 AM

Rich,

I guess you can disregard my last email then. It's still cool to see the whole doc in one place though in the forum! Cool thread Nerdy!
    It's news to me. Thanks.
    Thank you. Geez, I was really starting to worry. I think the last 5 threads I've started have either been bombarded by people psychoanalyzing my every word or trolls trying to drum up trouble. Hopefully this will be a good one, especially since it's military related which I take seriously.

ddlax22, bradu1, bungaboy and 3 others like this.
    12-06-13 09:58 AM

Not slapping you at all, just not particularly news. This was a minor update (the BES 10.2 STIG will provide a much larger update) to an existing STIG. I also believe we had blog articles about this when it was released. Not trying to abate your enthusiasm, just adding information.

BlackBerry 10 smartphones and BlackBerry PlayBook approved for use on U.S. Department of Defense network | CrackBerry.com (May)
    BlackBerry Awarded "Authority to Operate" on U.S. Department of Defense Networks | CrackBerry.com (August)
    diegonei likes this.
    12-06-13 10:01 AM
    It's news to me. Thanks.
    Me too.
    12-06-13 10:03 AM
    Adding information benefits everyone. However, understand that what may be "old" to some like yourself is "new" to others like me. It would help the community if those in the former group show some tolerance of that fact, no matter how redundant the news might seem..
    93Aero likes this.
    12-06-13 10:08 AM
    Adding information benefits everyone. However, understand that what may be "old" to some like yourself is "new" to others like me. It would help the community if those in the former group show some tolerance of that fact, no matter how redundant the news might seem..
    Perhaps you should read the blog posts then ! (I kid). I am not being intolerant, and did say that I was not putting the OP down. I just wanted to be clear that this is not new is all.
    diegonei likes this.
    12-06-13 10:10 AM
    Thank you. Geez, I was really starting to worry. I think the last 5 threads I've started have either been bombarded by people psychoanalyzing my every word or trolls trying to drum up trouble. Hopefully this will be a good one, especially since it's military related which I take seriously.

Don't worry, Nerdy. Thanks for the info. Cheers!
    12-06-13 10:13 AM
    Awesome. I understand you nerdydaddyo. It is something we can hang on the wall. It may be old news to some but it is quite interesting to see the official docs.
    12-06-13 10:14 AM
    Something we ALL can be proud of.

http://iase.disa.mil/stigs/net_perim..._v1r2_stig.zip

Good reading.

It's not possible for you to simply copy and paste the article? - personally, I don't like downloading .zip files from random forum members.
    dracolnyte likes this.
    12-06-13 10:33 AM
    Definitely something for the display cupboard. O boy, BB can do with more of those right now!
    12-06-13 10:38 AM
60 123