Hi guys.

My z10 keeps forgetting my email passwords.

I notice when I haven't received any email and have to go into edit account to re enter

Anyone else have the same issue?

Cheers

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-13-13 01:24 PM
    Same. Don't know why. Gmail is fine but my work Imap does it.
    02-13-13 05:52 PM
    I notice when I haven't received any email and have to go into edit account to re enter
    Which email provider are you using and how are you connecting to it (IMAP, POP or EAS)? This will go a long way to letting others help you.
    02-13-13 06:17 PM
    I suspect this is due to your specific email provider, maybe your email at work. I know it's an issue on the BlackBerry Playbook where it keeps forgetting my school email password, not because it forgets, but likely cuz it cannot connect on certain instances (Maybe because the email server doesn't allow you to poll or check your email so often or what not).

I know it's not just "forgetting" because it always happens to one specific email address from my school, and I am getting the "cannot connect" kind of message for this email and this email only.
    b320 likes this.
    02-13-13 06:55 PM
    I did have a similar issue when I first set up my own IMAP account. I had a different password for SMTP than for IMAP, and the mail application seems to expect them to be the same.

So when I would send a mail, it would prompt me, and then when it tried to fetch again it would prompt me. The prompts on fetching were irregular because of IDLE, but whenever it needed to establish a new connection after I had sent a mail it would prompt me.

I set my SMTP password to match my IMAP password and the prompts stopped.

02-13-13 07:20 PM
    Guys my problem is with a Gmail account. So nothing too complex in the way I set it up. Very annoying though. Any tips how I can insure this doesn't happen?

Many thanks

02-14-13 02:15 AM
    Guys my problem is with a Gmail account. So nothing too complex in the way I set it up. Very annoying though. Any tips how I can insure this doesn't happen 0
    How is your Gmail account integrated on your BlackBerry 10 device?
    02-16-13 08:31 PM
    I'm having a similar problem. We use POP3/SMTP at work for accessing our email. SMTP seems to stop working for no reason. What I do to work around is save a bad SMTP addess and then when it fails I add the proper address again and it works.

This morning I had to re-enter my POP3 password...1st time for this.

I never had this problem with my Bold 9780.
    02-21-13 06:47 AM