BlazorBoy

A question about the email hub. On my 9900 BES I can see into or file into any of my 100+ work folders. However I cannot see or file into any of my Yahoo folders. On my iPad (given to me from work) both work and yahoo emails come into the same Mail app but I can see either set of folders and when I go to file a newly received email from my consolidated inbox the app knows which set of folders to offer to me (the work or yahoo set depending on the source of the email).

What does BB10 do in this regard? Many thanks.
    03-16-13 11:33 PM
    I think that depends on if you are on BES10 or not. If yes, your BB10 will be using BlackBerry Balance, which separates work and personal. You will not have access to your personal yahoo account unless you switch over to the personal side.

If not on BES10 and running off of EAS, then yes you should have the same functionality as the ipad. I just tried this with two different personal accounts (Gmail and outlook.com) and when I tried to file an email it knew which set of folders to bring up - Gmail for Gmail and outlook for outlook.

Posted via CB10
    BlazorBoy likes this.
    03-17-13 01:33 AM
    Are you sure you've selected the folders to sync?

Go to Settings>Accounts>Yahoo>Edit Folders and make sure the folders you want are checked.
    03-17-13 02:16 AM
    I think that depends on if you are on BES10 or not. If yes, your BB10 will be using BlackBerry Balance, which separates work and personal. You will not have access to your personal yahoo account unless you switch over to the personal side.

Posted via CB10
    Incorrect. I have BlackBerry Balance enabled on my BlackBerry Z10 and am able to access my personal email in the BlackBerry Hub simply by clicking on the tab for my personal email account. The same behavior when on the personal side and accessing my corporate email account.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    03-17-13 04:48 AM
    Incorrect. I have BlackBerry Balance enabled on my BlackBerry Z10 and am able to access my personal email in the BlackBerry Hub simply by clicking on the tab for my personal email account. The same behavior when on the personal side and accessing my corporate email account.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    Thanks did not know that. Was under the impression it was totally separate, including the hub. So can you then reply to a work email while on the personal side?

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 05:02 AM
    Just so you know, this is a specific policy that was set up by your BES admin. Don't generalize. many companies will choose to keep the two sides entirely separated.
    twstd.reality likes this.
    03-17-13 05:12 AM
    Are you sure you've selected the folders to sync?

Go to Settings>Accounts>Yahoo>Edit Folders and make sure the folders you want are checked.
    I was referring to OS 7 on the 9900 wrt the inability to access yahoo folders. Are you referring to settings under 10? I am able to get the yahoo folders on the playbook with the latest OS but not no my phone.
    03-17-13 05:41 AM

If not on BES10 and running off of EAS, then yes you should have the same functionality as the ipad. I just tried this with two different personal accounts (Gmail and outlook.com) and when I tried to file an email it knew which set of folders to bring up - Gmail for Gmail and outlook for outlook.

Posted via CB10
    Many thanks for your informative response. It is encouraging and I do hope my firm will offer the 10 when the American cousins are allowed to buy it.

As usual this site is great even if occasionally twisted! Thanks again.
    03-17-13 05:46 AM
    I was referring to OS 7 on the 9900 wrt the inability to access yahoo folders. Are you referring to settings under 10? I am able to get the yahoo folders on the playbook with the latest OS but not no my phone.
    Oh, sorry. I just reread the OP. On your iPad, do you use the Yahoo app or the stock mail app? If you're using the stock mail app, it should be set up using POP for Yahoo, I believe. If that's the case, then you will have access to your folders on the Z10. I know on my Gmail (IMAP), I have access to all my folders and can change which ones I want to sync from system settings. I can also access and file into all those folders.

With that said, Yahoo is notorious for not supporting open standards, so they might have a proprietary protocol that they have a deal with Apple to include on their devices. I can't be sure as I don't have yahoo account. I stopped supporting Yahoo a long time ago for their lack of IMAP IDLE push when i got my first Android device a few years back.

To cut the story short, check your sync settings for the iPad. If you're using the Yahoo specific mail app, or your sync settings for Yahoo in the stock app are *not* POP3, then I think your Z10 will only support Yahoo as well as your 9900 does. If, however, your iPad is using Pop3, then the Z10 should support your Yahoo account just as well as your iPad does.
    BlazorBoy likes this.
    03-17-13 05:50 AM
    I use the stock mail app and it combines all my accounts including the firm's Lotus Notes Domino server. I am impressed with its ability to know which set of folders to offer to me when I hit file

In typical Apple style (I hate them even when their products work) the settings do not show the email protocol being used (our users should be kept from knowing such tech things and God forbid changing a setting). So I do not know whether the iPad uses POP3 or imap. I agree that Yahoo is getting more and more insular, yet I do like the interface and search features and I have many years of saved emails on their servers.
    03-17-13 06:10 AM