I am on T-Mobile USA and when I first got my Z10 the radio signal will stay around-the-clock 2 bars in some places but once I got a call the signal will boost to about 4 bars. So in places where I use to have terrible reception on my Android, now I had great reception and that included my office. After multiple OS updates now the sequence is opposite. I seem to have good reception until I get a call, then it drops to 1 bar. Sometimes even all the way to E.

In the past week I will be talking on the phone in places that I had perfectly good signal originally and then the signal will drop to Emergency calls only. So I just lose the person and I have to wait for the phone to regain the signal before I can call again. Yesterday it got so bad that it was even doing it at home where I normally have great signal. I was tempted to think T-mobile is messing with my signal because they have no "relationship" with BlackBerry now. But i popped in my rogers sim card and updated the software in case there is something wrong with the official tmobile OS. Btw the update was 942MB. Does this sound about right to anyone?

Is anyone experiencing these issues? I will update this post if the software update fixes my issue. Needless to say my battery life also sux now.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-14 09:34 PM
    The only suggestion I'm going to make is if you've considered past times you've dropped your phone.

Signal issues are almost 90% hardware problems, and being that you've tried to fix software side of things, I also will suggest you get your phone looked at.
    07-19-14 11:01 PM
    I haven't dropped it since I got it. Unless you are counting things like falling from the night stand. But then it just falls a short distance to the carpet.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 08:18 AM
    It's either your carrier is having issues or the radio file in the newer OS. Newer doesn't always mean better.
    07-20-14 08:30 AM
    Ajax in Canada, I've always had poor signal around my house since we got the Z10's. Legacy devices had nearly full bars. I just write it off to a different antenna.

Post via BlackBerry ZedAche 10.2.1.3247
    07-20-14 10:41 AM
    If you had good reception and all of the sudden reception went bad, it is probably your carrier having tower issues in your area does it happen everywhere you go or mainly in one area? You can contact T mobile to see if they know about outages.

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    07-20-14 05:58 PM
    It is happening all over. My phone typically will have a full signal, as in 5 bars showing. Then somebody calls me and suddenly the bars drop to nothing, then it says emergency calls only. It will happen periodically when the phone is just laying there, now it happens almost every time I get a call. So I am dropping calls "left and right". It didn't use to be like that until the update to 2.1. I will check with T-Mobile to see if they are having tower problems too. Who knows, tmobile is upgrading their systems all over the place. With my luck I might be catching the problem towers.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 07:43 PM