I had this problem on my old Bold 9780, and I thought for sure it would be fixed on the z10, but no luck!

Whenever my phone has 1-2 bars of reception, it uses the mobile network instead of my full wifi connection. Why does this happen!? It's incredibly annoying when I know I have wifi connected and the phone keeps trying to use the mobile network and I keep getting network connection errors. I really wish they would fix this. It happens especially when I'm inside buildings that have wifi but block the reception.
    04-16-13 06:26 PM
    Mine works great, the z10 that is. Even my torch connected to wireless connections fine before the cell network.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 06:30 PM
    This also happens to me. I'd like to know more about why.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 08:23 PM
    Do the network connection errors imply you're using the mobile network instead of the WiFI? How can I test this?

The WiFi on the Z10 has been incredible for me with superior range to pretty much everything I've used.
    04-17-13 12:27 AM
    I had this problem on my old Bold 9780, and I thought for sure it would be fixed on the z10, but no luck!

Whenever my phone has 1-2 bars of reception, it uses the mobile network instead of my full wifi connection. Why does this happen!? It's incredibly annoying when I know I have wifi connected and the phone keeps trying to use the mobile network and I keep getting network connection errors. I really wish they would fix this. It happens especially when I'm inside buildings that have wifi but block the reception.
    I've had similar problems. I noticed that my data usage on Verizon had increased during the day when I was at home and should have been on WiFi all the time. I now turn off data services at home - I may have to get a couple NFC tags to turn data on and off when I leave/come home. I may have to replace the phone. A factory reset helped quite a bit, but the problem is still there.
    04-17-13 12:42 AM
    It may be more than just a low signal problem. If your wifi connection's route to the Internet is degraded, dropping packets or high latency, BlackBerry OS may have logic to switch over to wireless instead. Two bars to your closest access point means nothing if your underlying Internet connection sucks. Android has it:
    Flaw with wifi connections on BlackBerry phones-screenshot_2013-04-16-22-47-04.png

Z10 via T-Mobile (10.0.10.85)
    04-17-13 12:49 AM
    If your phone is on BES (a company phone managed by BlackBerry Enterprise Server) your IT admin may have configured it this way for security reasons.
    04-17-13 01:40 AM
    I don't think this is the case... My Wifi issue is that one of my home networks is a closed network (no Internet connection) anytime I have my Z10 connected to this network I cannot use data services...

You would think that the phone would be able to use the data connection through the mobile network while connected to Wifi. I can make calls but anything data (both BBRY and regular) stops functioning

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 02:20 AM
    That's funny because I always find the opposite to be true. Any BlackBerry I've had will prioritize a very weak wifi connection over a better cellular one.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    04-17-13 03:15 AM
    That's funny because I always find the opposite to be true. Any BlackBerry I've had will prioritize a very weak wifi connection over a better cellular one.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    A weak radio signal is still different than a poor Internet route. Not saying that the Z10 has this capability though, only BlackBerry can tell us that.

04-17-13 08:32 AM
    I don't think this is the case... My Wifi issue is that one of my home networks is a closed network (no Internet connection) anytime I have my Z10 connected to this network I cannot use data services...

You would think that the phone would be able to use the data connection through the mobile network while connected to Wifi. I can make calls but anything data (both BBRY and regular) stops functioning

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like the logic is "Assume wifi route to the Internet is Awesome". If so, that is sad. Logic like that creates support cases and some grumpy non tech users.

04-17-13 08:39 AM
    My wifi modem is only a few feet from where I frequently use my phone. My phone will constantly go back and forth from no bars to 1-2 bars when I'm in my basement (house is built like a bomb shelter). My wifi connection is full strength. When it goes back and forth from no reception to 1-2 bars reception, it always screws up where I won't be able to access the internet at all through my phone and get network errors. The only solution is to wait a few minutes until it sorts itself out and hope it works again. Very frustrating.
    04-19-13 02:45 AM