So I upgraded to 10.2.1 (yay!) and I therefore installed a ton of Android apps via Snap. Almost all of them ask for unreasonable permissions, including location, but if I want the app there's not much that can be done except let it have it and hope it doesn't get misused.

That said, I didn't expect Android apps to continue running in the background after I've killed the process. Or at least that's what I think is happening here.

Get to the point: My location services status bar icon is pretty much a permanent fixture on my phone ever since I upgraded to 10.2.1 and I can't tell if it's because of the OS update or because of the new Android apps that might be running in the background.

Is there a way of detecting which apps are using the location services?

(and / or are you finding your location services icon stays on all the time after the 10.2.1 update?)
    01-29-14 09:16 AM
    Android apps very often continue running in the background after you close them. Use ghost commander to manage them.
    As far as seeing which use location services....if you use ghost commander and select applications, you will see all the android apps on your phone. from there you can tap an app and MANAGE it. There is a place for permissions and it tells you why each app needs the permissions it has. You can force the app closed from there as well.
    Relletti likes this.
    01-29-14 09:37 AM
    Android apps very often continue running in the background after you close them. Use ghost commander to manage them.
    As far as seeing which use location services....if you use ghost commander and select applications, you will see all the android apps on your phone. from there you can tap an app and MANAGE it. There is a place for permissions and it tells you why each app needs the permissions it has. You can force the app closed from there as well.
    Thanks, are you referring to this app? https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ode=CA&lang=en

I don't see any reference in the description to app management... Maybe I'm looking at the wrong app?
    01-29-14 10:55 AM
    Foursquare is now a headless app which (default setting) monitors your location 24/7 for 'interesting' offers. Are you sure that is not the cause?

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    01-29-14 11:40 AM
    Oops, double.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    01-29-14 11:40 AM
    Foursquare is now a headless app which (default setting) monitors your location 24/7 for 'interesting' offers. Are you sure that is not the cause?

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    Yeah, pretty sure. I can double check but a few weeks back when I noticed they enabled that feature (I was getting notifications) I turned it off.
    01-29-14 02:46 PM