So I finally figured out today, with the help of these forums, how to see and use a google docs spreadsheet, and access other Google Drive features, in a way that is acceptable.
    In an alternate Browser (I use Evolution Browser) set it to emulate an iPhone, and go to https://docs.google.com/fe/m
    It works like a charm.
    01-22-15 11:26 AM
    So I finally figured out today, with the help of these forums, how to see and use a google docs spreadsheet, and access other Google Drive features, in a way that is acceptable.
    In an alternate Browser (I use Evolution Browser) set it to emulate an iPhone, and go to https://docs.google.com/fe/m
    It works like a charm.
    It's not working for me. I even tried buying Evolution since I couldn't get it to work on Web Splitter. Once I enter my log-in credentials all I get is: GOOGLE "The page you requested is invalid" At least on Web Splitter it got me past the first log-in page before I got an error 404 .

Were there any other setting you changed to make it work on Evolution?
    01-22-15 01:56 PM
    Go to the settings in Evolution Browser (pull down from top and hit the cog icon), and choose "Identify As: iPhone". Then close and restart the browser, and go to the link that I posted.
    01-22-15 02:10 PM
    Go to the settings in Evolution Browser (pull down from top and hit the cog icon), and choose "Identify As: iPhone". Then close and restart the browser, and go to the link that I posted.
    I'm so glad it works for you but your link is even worse than me navigating to Google myself where I can type in my user name and password before I get my error. Your link gives me a NOT FOUND Error 404 right away.

Are you certain you copied the entire link and pasted it above? Do you have anything else installed on your phone that might reference Google?
    01-22-15 02:46 PM
    I'm so glad it works for you but your link is even worse than me navigating to Google myself where I can type in my user name and password before I get my error. Your link gives me a NOT FOUND Error 404 right away.

Are you certain you copied the entire link and pasted it above? Do you have anything else installed on your phone that might reference Google?
    My guess is that you are typing the link incorrectly. I made a test on the stock BB10 browser and it gets me to the log in page.

Please check again your link correctness.
    01-22-15 03:02 PM
    My guess is that you are typing the link incorrectly. I made a test on the stock BB10 browser and it gets me to the log in page.

Please check again your link correctness.
    A reboot of my phone made a huge difference (although I just went to Google.com as your link still does not work for me, I loaded Crackberry to be able to tap the link from within the browser). I can now successfully log-in. The only problem that remains is that I cannot edit the spreadsheets. Is that another setting?
    01-22-15 03:33 PM
    OK, so maybe try this link, it works for me:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile

Also, to edit the sheet, hit the pop-out icon that appears on the top of the screen when you tap the initial "read only" view version. For spreadsheets, you are presented with a choice of which tab to pop out. The popped out version can be tapped to directly(!!) edit.

When this is popped out on the BB10 browser, you get the old one column HTML view mess... so this method wins big.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by saescott; 01-23-15 at 03:20 AM.
    01-23-15 03:10 AM
    OK, so maybe try this link, it works for me:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile

Also, to edit the sheet, hit the pop-out icon that appears on the top of the screen when you tap the initial "read only" view version. For spreadsheets, you are presented with a choice of which tab to pop out. The popped out version can be tapped to directly(!!) edit.

When this is popped out on the BB10 browser, you get the old one column HTML view mess... so this method wins big.

Posted via CB10
    Okay first of all thank-you so much so sticking it out and helping me figure this out. Your new link works perfectly. Thank-you.

I was having difficulty with the whole "pop-out" feature until I decided to try it on a spreadsheet with multiple tabs (that I have permission to edit), otherwise it was "view-only" for me. The workaround I suppose is to ensure you have multiple tabs (a.k.a. sheets) in the file that you would like to make edits. That being said it is very rudimentary. It's not very easy to navigate. You cannot add data beyond a row that already existed. I suppose another work around would be to index (i.e. with a date or simply a row number) the future rows you might need so that you can use them later from your smartphone.

All that being said, cool find! I will also likely look at the docs to go solution from Amazon that seems to be popular with some to see if it is more user friendly.

Thanks again!
    01-23-15 09:21 AM
    If you install the Google Play Store you can run it straight from Chrome works beautifully, see cobalt232 on how to get the playstore.
    01-23-15 09:31 AM
    If you install the Google Play Store you can run it straight from Chrome works beautifully, see cobalt232 on how to get the playstore.
    yes, I'll have to read up on those threads and I don't have 10.3 installed at this time which apparently works better.
    Last edited by BBZ10wannabe; 01-23-15 at 01:32 PM.
    01-23-15 01:20 PM