Maybe I'm missing something but I cannot figure out how to get to the folders that have all the sounds via file manager. I can view them when selecting through notifications but those folders are not visible if I want to browse to them just via file manager.

What I'm attempting to do via file manager is move the classic BlackBerry tones from my SD card into the default folders on the device that come up when setting sounds for notifications.

Are some folders hidden from the native file manager?

Z10
    01-05-14 03:46 PM
    I forgot to mention - I am on 10.2.1.1925

Z10
    01-05-14 03:49 PM
    I'm not sure if that is possible but you can navigate to whatever folder you want to find YOUR OWN tunes including the sd card.
    01-05-14 10:17 PM
    When In file manager long press on file you want to move and the menu will pop out from the left. Top one should be to move folder, select it and it should say navigate to folder you want. So just go back using the bottom right and go to device and tap where you want it to go. Should show you that it's moving.

Posted on my Z30 on CB10.
    01-05-14 10:42 PM
    Just yesterday I tried the same with no luck - the ringtones that came with my Q1o are nowhere to be found in the File Manager?... Then I also had the issue with downloaded ringtones which for some reason appeared in the music player - annoying when you put your music to shuffle mode. But the latter I fixed thanks to an already existing topic on that problem.

Q1o
    01-06-14 04:57 AM
    When I open file manager and I'm seeing the root folders on the device, this is my view

File Manager-img_20140105_151416.png

If I go to notifications as if I want to change the sound for text messages..select browse tones..select device. This is my view

File Manager-img_20140106_045705.png

What I want to know is how do I get to the folders in the second screenshot via file manager? Apparently they are in a folder called \notification-tones. Starting at root I need to know what the path is to that folder.

Z10
    01-06-14 05:05 AM
    What appears to me is that file manager is not actually seeing everything. Supposedly when you open file manager, the initial view is at the root of the device. However, looking at my first screenshot above it seems clear to me that this is not all the folders available at root. Not only do those folders basically have nothing in them, but if I go into each of them there is no path to the \notification-tones folder that I referenced in the second screenshot. And where are all the system files? It appears, at least in my case, that file manager is not seeing everything. I dont know if its by design that some views are hidden and inaccessible or if its a bug that has appeared since I loaded 10.2.1.1925.
    01-06-14 09:14 AM
    I think it's by design. I see the same views in my phone as you do. Perhaps BlackBerry can improve a bit on the views?

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 09:17 AM
    Its the same if I connect to a Windows laptop. Its hiding files...even when I select to show hidden files in Windows Explorer. I wonder if there is an app that will allow us to view everything.
    01-06-14 09:23 AM
    Have a look at Ghost Commander, a very good file manager. You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/78977

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 09:28 AM
    Have a look at Ghost Commander, a very good file manager. You can find it at Ghost Commander file manager - BlackBerry World

Posted via CB10
    Yep! I can see everything now. Much appreciated
    01-06-14 09:36 AM
    I believe the developer of hub++ said that the default sound files cannot be seen in the filr.manager and are not available to his app. Does ghost commander navigate to these files?
    01-06-14 09:15 PM
    Ghost Commander does indeed allow you to see everything. However, you cannot change permissions and the hidden folders are locked down. This is keeping me from copying from my SD card to the default /notification-tones folder. Nevertheless, this Ghost Commander is a heck of a utility and I would recommend it to anyone who doesn't already have it.

Z10
    01-06-14 11:46 PM