OK, I have to ask. Can someone explain why file manager is slower than molasses, especially when using it for online storage like dropbox or one drive. I open a folder with pictures and no matter how many times I've opened that folder and let it download the images (thumbnails), it still takes forever to display the contents. It obviously has to redownload them every time. I've used file browser and the dropbox and one drive apps on iOS, and after it downloads the thumbnails, it caches them so it doesn't take forever to open a folder. To me, this makes file manager very hard to use for anything that isn't on the device or microsd card.

Is there no way to tell it to use caching for these online storage drives? I store a lot of pictures, among other things online and file manager is not cutting it accessing them. And if I'm not on wifi, data makes this even worse. Any solutions?
    03-19-15 09:10 PM
    Maybe consider PlayCloud from BlackBerry World or a third party client like ES File Explorer from Amazon?

No idea why it's slow, I don't really use the cloud a lot for files.
    03-19-15 09:17 PM
    You can cache the whole thing by tapping the more button and then "Pin whateveryoureusing". Or you can cache individual items or folders by selecting them and then selecting "Pin"

You're still right, though. It's slower than any other client I've ever used.

Attachment 342524
    03-19-15 09:31 PM
    Interesting. Never knew that. I'll give it a try. Hope it works. I assume pinning cause the app to cache whatever you pin. Thanks for the tip!
    03-19-15 10:21 PM
    Well, tried using this method. While it might work, it does not cache thumbnails, it downloads everything from the services pinned to the device, eating all my space, making cloud storage useless. I wanted a way to cache the thumbnails from the folder, so they display quicker, not download anything pinned in the folder or drive. I have as much or more in the cloud, than storage on the phone. As much as I hoped, this is not workable for me. Not a very good file manager quite frankly. Thanks for the help though.
    03-19-15 10:40 PM
    Yeah it sucks massively, that is the way it is. I don't understand how Dropbox can be quick on the PC but an utter dog in file manager. Maybe try the android app? I have given up using file manager for Dropbox, and I don't bother with the android app. I live without.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 11:52 PM