One of the the things that really makes me send mms is the fact that they're compressed and people tell me that it's all blurry. So a simple solution would be for there to be an option to share pictures at the original quality. This will let users who want to send an legible picture actually share them.

Another thing that would be nice to have is the ability to re-program the convenience key. Let's face it, the built in voice control is kind of useless. So why not have the option to change it to whatever the user wants. This is one of the features I miss from BlackBerry 7.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 09:51 PM
    MMS is a carrier thing - not device dependant. The carrier standard for MMS file size is 300 kB. Others (like AT&T I believe) are 600 kB. It's not an industry standard setting, but your weakest link is the carrier with the lowest MMS standard.

You could send a higher photo, but the network will crunch it anyway.
    10-15-13 09:55 PM
    MMS is a carrier thing - not device dependant. The carrier standard for MMS file size is 300 kB. Others (like AT&T I believe) are 600 kB. It's not an industry standard setting, but your weakest link is the carrier with the lowest MMS standard.

You could send a higher photo, but the network will crunch it anyway.
    Then how come android and iPhones send pictures and they don't become a pos? They're way better quality. Even though they're on same network.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 10:13 PM
    I agree to an extent. As said above, mms has carrier limitations. But I'd like the option to scale images before sending via email and bbm (email I don't always need to send 1+mb pics and screenshots.. and bbm, who wants to stick around and wait for the recipient to request a hq version). Should be able to choose whether I want to attach the picture at full quality or low quality or custom (which should launch the editor).
    10-15-13 10:15 PM
    Then how come android and iPhones send pictures and they don't become a pos? They're way better quality. Even though they're on same network.

Posted via CB10
    Bcuz BlackBerry scales the pictures to ridiculously low proportions. Lol shrug
    Ideally, I'd think it would check what the carrier limit is and scale the picture to be as close to the limit in size. Instead, I'm pretty sure it just attaches the same cruddy thumbnail that bbm contacts receive..
    10-15-13 10:15 PM
    Bcuz BlackBerry scales the pictures to ridiculously low proportions. Lol shrug
    Which is why the option to send higher quality pictures is something I'd like added.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 10:17 PM
    Which is why the option to send higher quality pictures is something I'd like added.

Posted via CB10
    The problem with that, is you can't choose how to scale them. They can be higher than what they are now, but you can't even send a screenshot at even 50% quality, which would be around 500kb. The os woukd/should be scaling them accordingly/ to the carrier maximun
    10-15-13 10:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    Sadly, it won't happen. With IM apps, device messaging apps like Hangouts, BBM, and iMessage, and email, MMS usage has declined. It's also an industry standard that can't be messed with. It's a technical limitation at this point.

Think of wanting to get faster speeds with a dialup modem - sure - sounds great - but the infrastructure and the way it was designed simply won't support anything more than what it's currently built to. So what do you do? You get a faster connection. Dial up still exists, but now you have a DSL modem that can handle more. Make sense?
    10-15-13 10:37 PM