Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 131
Like Tree172Likes
  1. ad19's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,099 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,101 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Feature update for BlackBerry 10 is coming 'soon'

    Michael Clewly recently responded to a disgruntled Z10 owner on twitter and revealed that there is an update coming in the Spring time for BB10. He revealed some of the updates will include:

    • The ability to store emails for longer then 30 days
    • The ability to receive just phone calls in bedside mode
    • Improvement in notifications
    • Improved calender stability

    He can be reached on twitter at @MichaelClewley. He seemed pretty responsive to the one user so you may want to contact him if you have some serious issues with BB10. Included is a summary of his tweets:

    Feature update for BlackBerry 10 is coming 'soon'-tweets.jpg
    Thanked by 10:
    00stryder (02-25-2013),  Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes (02-26-2013),  currentodysseys (02-26-2013),  elGuapoTorres (02-25-2013),  havok2525 (03-30-2013),  jarrodmeyer (02-25-2013),  jasperlin (02-26-2013),  maddie8211 (02-25-2013),  Waqiuddin (02-26-2013),  world traveler and former ceo (02-27-2013) 
  2. DannySmurf's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    161 Posts
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    #2  

    Default

    LOL Might be more useful if all the tweets at him weren't just "this is awful" "that is awful."
    Thanked by 3:
    Blacklatino (02-25-2013),  SlcCorrado (02-25-2013),  Waqiuddin (02-26-2013) 
  3. r0v3rT3N's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,876 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,882 Global Posts
    #3  

    Default

    I feel bad for Michael, he is being bullied.
    Nothing in BB10 is "horrible", this guy is over exaggerating.
    Good to know updates are coming!
    Check out my app: CChecker
    Thanked by 3:
    maddie8211 (02-25-2013),  MaxR_A (02-25-2013),  SlcCorrado (02-25-2013) 
    sk8er_tor and sheeraz_aa like this.
  4. webber35's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    232 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    Spring starts in March 21st.

    That's a long wait.

    Posted via CB10
  5. Sparro's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    925 Posts
    Global Posts
    957 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hmmm...
    #5  

    Default

    What is horrible in BB10 is the horrible Facebook and Twitter apps. There is no reason whatsoever that the Z10 should have launched with these subpar apps. At the very least they should be the equivalent of their iOS and Android counterparts.

    Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry Z30 running BB10.3.1
    Thanked by:
    Enyigma (03-30-2013) 
    bozzo and Creaulx like this.
  6. Thunderbuck's Avatar

    Posts
    6,460 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,463 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7
    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparro View Post
    What is horrible in BB10 is the horrible Facebook and Twitter apps. There is no reason whatsoever that the Z10 should have launched with these subpar apps. At the very least they should be the equivalent of their iOS and Android counterparts.

    Posted via CB10
    Stop it. They're not "horrible". A little buggy, but hardly unusable, and they're both beautiful.

    Haven't I told you a million times not to exaggerate?
    “Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

    --Mark Twain
    Thanked by 8:
    aminrajabi (02-25-2013),  Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes (02-25-2013),  canuckvoip (02-24-2013),  havok2525 (03-30-2013),  KWGeorgeBB (02-24-2013),  PN009 (02-26-2013),  sf49ers (02-26-2013),  world traveler and former ceo (02-27-2013) 
    mayoo, DJM626, grover5 and 13 others like this.
  7. njblackberry's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,947 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,069 Global Posts
    #7  

    Default

    One man's horrible is another fans buggy. Always shoot the messenger.
    JeepBB likes this.
  8. r0v3rT3N's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,876 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,882 Global Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparro View Post
    What is horrible in BB10 is the horrible Facebook and Twitter apps. There is no reason whatsoever that the Z10 should have launched with these subpar apps. At the very least they should be the equivalent of their iOS and Android counterparts.

    Posted via CB10

    Make it stop! Make the over exaggerating stop!
    Check out my app: CChecker
    Thanked by:
    Stewartj1 (02-26-2013) 
  9. Thunderbuck's Avatar

    Posts
    6,460 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,463 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7
    #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by njblackberry View Post
    One man's horrible is another fans buggy. Always shoot the messenger.
    Language is important. I absolutely see room for improvement in the Twitter app; it seems a little silly that it needs to open the browser just to show a pic, and I'm pretty sure that all the text parsing rules aren't in place yet. And agreed, the fb app is too dependent on the mobile sites and seems to mangle the timeline from time to time. Flawed, sure, and I'm eager to see these issues addressed, but I have a hard time seeing "horrible".
    “Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

    --Mark Twain
  10. Semi5's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    418 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbuck View Post
    Language is important. I absolutely see room for improvement in the Twitter app; it seems a little silly that it needs to open the browser just to show a pic, and I'm pretty sure that all the text parsing rules aren't in place yet. And agreed, the fb app is too dependent on the mobile sites and seems to mangle the timeline from time to time. Flawed, sure, and I'm eager to see these issues addressed, but I have a hard time seeing "horrible".
    I had a chance to play with the Z10 twitter app for awhile the last few days and it is certainly subpar at best when compared to the iOS and Android official app.
  11. dkonigs's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    285 Posts
    #11  

    Default

    My comparison is the current BBOS Facebook and Twitter apps. In comparison to those, the BB10 ones are a horrible embarrassment. Heck, the BB10 Twitter app is almost less useful than the mobile website (and looks almost identical to it).

    Yes, these need a lot more work. I'm disappointed with what they were able to build for first release, and hope there is a very good (even if not publicly discussable) explanation for it.

    Posted via CB10
    bozzo and madx80h like this.
  12. Knightcrawler's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    703 Posts
    Global Posts
    705 Global Posts
    #12  

    Default

    The explanation is this:

    The BB software team decided it was more important to focus on locking down the OS so that it was ready for launch.

    Im sure they could've taken another couple of weeks to make the FB and Twitter apps flawless, but i (and pretty much everyone else) would rather have the phones available sooner and just have any issues fixed through incremental updates, rather then delaying the entire launch to make FB work smoother.

    It's what we refer to in the business world as "priorities"
    Thanked by 3:
    HollyWOOD1906 (02-25-2013),  mundo472 (02-26-2013),  rjshahan (02-25-2013) 
  13. Knightcrawler's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    703 Posts
    Global Posts
    705 Global Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webber35 View Post
    Spring starts in March 21st.

    That's a long wait.

    Posted via CB10
    2 months after launch is too long a wait for an update? seriously?
  14. kill_9's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,168 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Knightcrawler View Post
    The explanation is this:

    The BB software team decided it was more important to focus on locking down the OS so that it was ready for launch.

    Im sure they could've taken another couple of weeks to make the FB and Twitter apps flawless, but i (and pretty much everyone else) would rather have the phones available sooner and just have any issues fixed through incremental updates, rather then delaying the entire launch to make FB work smoother.

    It's what we refer to in the business world as "priorities"
    The BlackBerry OS 10 development team is surely not the same team responsible for the core BlackBerry applications including Twitter and Facebook and BlackBerry Travel.

    Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z10
    Thanked by:
    brout (02-26-2013) 
    qbnkelt likes this.
  15. kill_9's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,168 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts
    #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Knightcrawler View Post
    2 months after launch is too long a wait for an update? seriously?
    Spring runs from 21 March until 21 June.

    Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z10
    qbnkelt likes this.
  16. Thunderbuck's Avatar

    Posts
    6,460 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,463 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7
    #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dkonigs View Post
    My comparison is the current BBOS Facebook and Twitter apps. In comparison to those, the BB10 ones are a horrible embarrassment. Heck, the BB10 Twitter app is almost less useful than the mobile website (and looks almost identical to it).

    Yes, these need a lot more work. I'm disappointed with what they were able to build for first release, and hope there is a very good (even if not publicly discussable) explanation for it.

    Posted via CB10
    There's a big difference between stating your reaction ("I'm disappointed...") and issuing a sweeping value judgement ("They're horrible..."). I can't argue with your disappointment, and I'll even agree that you have a point (yes, they do need work), but to try to claim them to be "horrible" seems a mischaracterization.
    “Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

    --Mark Twain
    Thanked by:
    Zirak (02-26-2013) 
  17. webber35's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    232 Posts
    #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Knightcrawler View Post
    2 months after launch is too long a wait for an update? seriously?
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_9 View Post
    Spring runs from 21 March until 21 June.

    Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z10
  18. bobauckland's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,228 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,237 Global Posts
    #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbuck View Post
    There's a big difference between stating your reaction ("I'm disappointed...") and issuing a sweeping value judgement ("They're horrible..."). I can't argue with your disappointment, and I'll even agree that you have a point (yes, they do need work), but to try to claim them to be "horrible" seems a mischaracterization.
    I'm fairly certain I saw you commenting on another site, on an article you disagreed with, being insulting and abusive to the author.
    Here you are lecturing people on their language.
    Interesting.

    Posted via CB10
    Intergalactic superhero... Powers stronger around a red sun...
  19. Sith_Apprentice's Avatar
    Mod Team Emeritus

    Posts
    10,165 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,168 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often
    #19  

    Default

    RIM/BB is able to do ALOT more with constructive criticism rather than just saying things are "horrible" etc. The Execs are very responsive on Twitter and if enough people ask them about a certain feature, etc, they WILL respond. Obviously it is difficult to respond to every single question.
    ~S_A
    All views and opinions here are my own, and do not represent any views, opinions, or official communications either actual or implied of my employer.
    Thanked by 2:
    jafobabe (02-25-2013),  JamieWynJones (02-25-2013) 
  20. bobauckland's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,228 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,237 Global Posts
    #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice View Post
    RIM/BB is able to do ALOT more with constructive criticism rather than just saying things are "horrible" etc. The Execs are very responsive on Twitter and if enough people ask them about a certain feature, etc, they WILL respond. Obviously it is difficult to respond to every single question.
    I don't get it, the twitter dude tweeted things were awful, then went into detail.
    That, I would think, is far more helpful than just telling them everything is great.

    Bear in mind, the CrackBerry review didn't mention several of the severe email flaws.
    We have an Elite team member on these forums who said the OS was ready to blow everyone away, faster than anything seen before etc.

    As power users, I find it very hard to believe these two people didn't notice these problems with the email client, notifications, bedside mode etc when they had them as daily runners leading up to release.
    There's no point giving phones to people who will just tell you they're great without offering constructive feedback.
    That leads to problems like the PlayBook, and, on a smaller level, the Z10.

    They can't fix problems they don't know are there.
  21. grover5's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,423 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,502 Global Posts
    #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobauckland View Post
    I'm fairly certain I saw you commenting on another site, on an article you disagreed with, being insulting and abusive to the author.
    Here you are lecturing people on their language.
    Interesting.

    Posted via CB10
    What he said is true. Language matters. Using sweeping statements that exaggerate the issues is a problem on crackberry. I have no idea what you're talking about with your fairly certain memory of abuse but I can say I completely agree with him in this instance and I have never seen him be abusive to anyone on these forums.
  22. lawguyman's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,356 Posts
    #22  

    Default

    I hate it when BlackBerry says "Soon." I have been conditioned to interpret that word to mean "Never. "

    Posted via CB10
    Elite1, JeepBB, Creaulx and 1 others like this.
  23. RubberChicken76's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,538 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,543 Global Posts
    #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by njblackberry View Post
    One man's horrible is another fans buggy. Always shoot the messenger.
    True. There's are a lot of chicken littles in these forums though! :-)

    "OMG - I can't believe the phone doesn't go for 12 days on a single charge while streaming music over LTE and playing a 3D shooter. Screw you RIM! You're doomed!!! DOooooooooooooooooomed!!!! Z10 sucks in every way and is far worse than every other phone out there at everything!!!! EVERYYTHIIIIIIIINGGGG!!!!!"
    ------------------------------------
    I like how BlackBerry 10 is evolving, but when are they going to fix BlackBerry Link for Mac?

    The fact that it doesn't reliably do what it's supposed to do ... most of the time ... is utterly appalling. The only consistency is the "Music not copied to Z10 message"
  24. Pete The Penguin's Avatar
    Resident CrackBerry Wizard

    Posts
    15,298 Posts
    Global Posts
    16,352 Global Posts
    #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparro View Post
    What is horrible in BB10 is the horrible Facebook and Twitter apps. There is no reason whatsoever that the Z10 should have launched with these subpar apps. At the very least they should be the equivalent of their iOS and Android counterparts.

    Posted via CB10
    Totally agree, though BB developed the Facebook app. I think it's time the fb devs were given a Q10 and a Z10 for a little 'dog fooding'.

    Posted via CB10
  25. RubberChicken76's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,538 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,543 Global Posts
    #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Semi5 View Post
    I had a chance to play with the Z10 twitter app for awhile the last few days and it is certainly subpar at best when compared to the iOS and Android official app.
    Can you be more specific? What is subpar about them? Everything or some things?

    I ask actually because I use Facebook a lot and Twitter a little and have been burned in the past with apps switching platforms.
    ------------------------------------
    I like how BlackBerry 10 is evolving, but when are they going to fix BlackBerry Link for Mac?

    The fact that it doesn't reliably do what it's supposed to do ... most of the time ... is utterly appalling. The only consistency is the "Music not copied to Z10 message"
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. BlackBerry Travel for BB 10 is coming
    By sam_d in forum BlackBerry 10 OS
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-27-2013, 11:48 PM
  2. [FREE] Blackberry 10 theme coming soon...
    By Sandhu_11 in forum BlackBerry Torch 9800 Themes
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 02-11-2013, 04:07 AM
  3. BlackBerry 10 Is Coming "Video"
    By lexsteryo in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-14-2012, 02:47 PM
  4. Why no DM for OS2? - it is coming soon
    By bbfan1040 in forum BlackBerry PlayBook
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-22-2012, 02:22 PM
  5. Twitter for BlackBerry 2.1 coming soon..
    By Bla1ze in forum BlackBerry OS Apps
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-13-2011, 04:28 PM

Posting Permissions