- 02-24-2013, 01:14 PM #3
I feel bad for Michael, he is being bullied.
Nothing in BB10 is "horrible", this guy is over exaggerating.
Good to know updates are coming!
- 02-24-2013, 07:16 PM #5
What is horrible in BB10 is the horrible Facebook and Twitter apps. There is no reason whatsoever that the Z10 should have launched with these subpar apps. At the very least they should be the equivalent of their iOS and Android counterparts.
Posted via CB10BlackBerry Z30 running BB10.3.1
- 02-24-2013, 07:22 PM #6“Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”
- 02-24-2013, 07:37 PM #9“Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”
- CrackBerry Abuser
02-24-2013, 10:31 PM #11
- 288 Posts
My comparison is the current BBOS Facebook and Twitter apps. In comparison to those, the BB10 ones are a horrible embarrassment. Heck, the BB10 Twitter app is almost less useful than the mobile website (and looks almost identical to it).
Yes, these need a lot more work. I'm disappointed with what they were able to build for first release, and hope there is a very good (even if not publicly discussable) explanation for it.
Posted via CB10
- 02-25-2013, 12:12 AM #12
The explanation is this:
The BB software team decided it was more important to focus on locking down the OS so that it was ready for launch.
Im sure they could've taken another couple of weeks to make the FB and Twitter apps flawless, but i (and pretty much everyone else) would rather have the phones available sooner and just have any issues fixed through incremental updates, rather then delaying the entire launch to make FB work smoother.
It's what we refer to in the business world as "priorities"
- 02-25-2013, 12:21 AM #14
- 02-25-2013, 12:24 AM #16“Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”
- 02-25-2013, 10:28 AM #18Intergalactic superhero... Powers stronger around a red sun...
- 02-25-2013, 11:48 AM #19
RIM/BB is able to do ALOT more with constructive criticism rather than just saying things are "horrible" etc. The Execs are very responsive on Twitter and if enough people ask them about a certain feature, etc, they WILL respond. Obviously it is difficult to respond to every single question.~S_A
All views and opinions here are my own, and do not represent any views, opinions, or official communications either actual or implied of my employer.
- 02-25-2013, 11:55 AM #20
That, I would think, is far more helpful than just telling them everything is great.
Bear in mind, the CrackBerry review didn't mention several of the severe email flaws.
We have an Elite team member on these forums who said the OS was ready to blow everyone away, faster than anything seen before etc.
As power users, I find it very hard to believe these two people didn't notice these problems with the email client, notifications, bedside mode etc when they had them as daily runners leading up to release.
There's no point giving phones to people who will just tell you they're great without offering constructive feedback.
That leads to problems like the PlayBook, and, on a smaller level, the Z10.
They can't fix problems they don't know are there.
- 02-25-2013, 12:10 PM #21
- 02-25-2013, 12:20 PM #23
"OMG - I can't believe the phone doesn't go for 12 days on a single charge while streaming music over LTE and playing a 3D shooter. Screw you RIM! You're doomed!!! DOooooooooooooooooomed!!!! Z10 sucks in every way and is far worse than every other phone out there at everything!!!! EVERYYTHIIIIIIIINGGGG!!!!!"
- 02-25-2013, 12:27 PM #25
- By sam_d in forum BlackBerry 10 OSReplies: 20Last Post: 02-28-2013, 12:48 AM
- By Sandhu_11 in forum BlackBerry Torch 9800 ThemesReplies: 30Last Post: 02-11-2013, 05:07 AM
- By lexsteryo in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 16Last Post: 11-14-2012, 03:47 PM
- By bbfan1040 in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 10Last Post: 02-22-2012, 03:22 PM
- By Bla1ze in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 15Last Post: 10-13-2011, 05:28 PM