One of the differences between iOS/Android vs. BB10 is that on iOS/Android if you open an app then close it or hit the back button, you are taken back to the same screen where that app exists. On BB10, however, regardless of where the app came from (if you have multiple screens, of which we have at least 2), after you close an app, you are always redirected back to the home page, requiring you to scroll through the pages again to continue. It would be great if that weren't the case.
    05-06-14 12:16 PM
    What you describe is disturbing. But I do not recall any such situation on my Z10STL-2/10.2.1.2141. Please, mention your phone type and OS version for others. Could you please describe that exact disturbing situation with one or two main apps (maybe the ones shipped with BB10 and (or not) developed by RIM, please?

Cheers,
    05-07-14 02:25 AM
    I think the new leak has this..
    05-07-14 03:40 AM
    It is annoying to have to restart from the beginning, rather than have a simple back button feature.

Q10 & 9900 on Bell Mobility
    05-07-14 06:25 AM
    I don't understand what you're talking about, actually.

When you hit the Home button on Android, on my CyanogenMod 10.1, JellyBean 4.2.2, yiu're taken back to the home screen, not the app drawer. I personally only have one page on the homescreen, so IDK whether it'll take you to the correct homescreen page or not. You can always just swipe on just above the bottom toolbar to navigate through homescreen pages quickly on BlackBerry 10. It won't take you to the folders, but it's there.

If you're talking about app states, apps on BlackBerry 10 already does that unless you close the app altogether. At which point many apps both in Android and iPhone also sport the same behavior

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.2141
    05-07-14 08:23 AM
    I don't understand what you're talking about, actually.

When you hit the Home button on Android, on my CyanogenMod 10.1, JellyBean 4.2.2, yiu're taken back to the home screen, not the app drawer. I personally only have one page on the homescreen, so IDK whether it'll take you to the correct homescreen page or not. You can always just swipe on just above the bottom toolbar to navigate through homescreen pages quickly on BlackBerry 10. It won't take you to the folders, but it's there.

If you're talking about app states, apps on BlackBerry 10 already does that unless you close the app altogether. At which point many apps both in Android and iPhone also sport the same behavior

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.2141
    What he's talking about is if you have enough apps loaded to have 4 screens of app icons. You swipe to page 3 to run whatever. When you exit you are back at the active frame screen (if other apps are running) or back at application icon screen 1. He wants to be back at screen 3. This is the way iOS works, and I find it very annoying and prefer the current BB10 implementation. But I usually use unified search to find and start infrequently used applications. I don't hunt for them through the home screen. Been doing that since BBOS 7.
    andy957 likes this.
    05-07-14 08:56 AM
    What he's talking about is if you have enough apps loaded to have 4 screens of app icons. You swipe to page 3 to run whatever. When you exit you are back at the active frame screen (if other apps are running) or back at application icon screen 1. He wants to be back at screen 3. This is the way iOS works, and I find it very annoying and prefer the current BB10 implementation. But I usually use unified search to find and start infrequently used applications. I don't hunt for them through the home screen. Been doing that since BBOS 7.
    Well, that'd be the 1st one I was talking about. Well I guess it's time to make use of the Universal Search there lol

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.2141
    05-07-14 07:44 PM
    This is why you can jump to any page instantly from the bottom nav dots

Feature request: Go back to previous screen when exiting app rather than home screen-img_20140507_202645.png

Posted via CB10
    Richard Buckley likes this.
    05-07-14 10:27 PM