I need to be able to send a document via fax. Can this be done from the PC via my Z30?

Thanks!
    02-03-16 01:20 AM
    There are several virtual fax apps available, as well as some web based ones. The key is finding one that does what you need to do.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-16 05:37 AM
    Thanks. I was actually more interested in finding a way to tether the phone as a dial-up modem, but it doesn't appear possible with BB10
    02-03-16 10:35 AM
    Thanks. I was actually more interested in finding a way to tether the phone as a dial-up modem, but it doesn't appear possible with BB10
    Phone as dial up modem????

Basically, use bluetooth to connect you phone to pc and then dial in the phone number given by operator.

That's what I used to in 2006.

Now, I just use phone as hot spot.

The other question is, who the hell still use the fax when last 8 years or so, 100% of my work documentation was sent or received scanned...

CB10 on PP SE in UK on 3
    02-04-16 02:55 AM
    Faxing requires an analogue phone line or a very slow digital modem speed, neither of which you'll find in a modern smartphone. The fax cannot die fast enough!

Posted via CB10
    02-04-16 05:06 AM
    02-04-16 05:51 AM
    The other question is, who the hell still use the fax when last 8 years or so, 100% of my work documentation was sent or received scanned...
    I agree that I might as well send it over on a dinosaur, but the other party in a credit card billing dispute requires the documentation be sent via fax.
    02-04-16 11:05 AM
    There are plenty of free to low cost online fax services available. I just recently used FaxZero. They have a free service and a low cost solution which allows you to use your own cover sheet. They even accept PayPal.
    02-04-16 11:30 AM
    I agree that I might as well send it over on a dinosaur, but the other party in a credit card billing dispute requires the documentation be sent via fax.
    Strange, as when I had to deal with credit card company few years ago, we did everything via scans and emails.

CB10 on PP SE in UK on 3
    02-04-16 12:03 PM
    Strange, as when I had to deal with credit card company few years ago, we did everything via scans and emails.
    It's Amazon. I was given the option to either fax or snail mail my CC statement to them. Trust me, I asked about email.

Oh, making matters worse it's Amazon EU. I'm in Canada.
    02-04-16 12:06 PM
    There are plenty of free to low cost online fax services available. I just recently used FaxZero. They have a free service and a low cost solution which allows you to use your own cover sheet. They even accept PayPal.
    I considered that but being a CC statement I'd rather not have it going through 3rd party services. Not like conventional faxing is all that secure either.
    02-04-16 12:06 PM
    Will they accept snail mail?

EDIT... I see that's been answered already.

Local library? Office supply house (staples etc.) or similar?
    02-04-16 12:13 PM
    I considered that but being a CC statement I'd rather not have it going through 3rd party services. Not like conventional faxing is all that secure either.
    Can you email to yourself and fax directly from your phone?

Posted via CB10
    02-04-16 05:29 PM
    Can you email to yourself and fax directly from your phone?
    I don't see any fax option in the share menus...

And no, I'm not using one of the poorly reviewed apps in BBWorld to fax a CC statement.
    02-07-16 01:58 AM
    Another option is to email the document to your phone, then use a fax app like "FaxFile" on the Google store.

Basically, it sends the document to any fax number.

More info:
    http://smallbusiness.chron.com/fax-d...one-29732.html

http://m.wikihow.com/Send-a-Fax-Using-Android

 Q10 SQN100-5/10.3.2.2789 T-Mobile with Wi-Fi calling
    02-07-16 10:57 AM
    Sure, but when dealing with CC statements, I don't really want to use a 3rd party fax service. Why is it so hard to tether the phone as a dial-up modem?
    02-07-16 01:06 PM
    Sure, but when dealing with CC statements, I don't really want to use a 3rd party fax service. Why is it so hard to tether the phone as a dial-up modem?
    The desktop doesn't have WiFi
    02-07-16 01:11 PM
    The desktop doesn't have WiFi
    What's WiFi got to do with it?
    02-07-16 01:15 PM
    What's WiFi got to do with it?
    Make your phone a WiFi hotspot rather than a modem then fax from the computer through a program on the computer. Maybe I don't understand the problem you are trying to overcome.
    02-07-16 03:16 PM
    Make your phone a WiFi hotspot rather than a modem then fax from the computer through a program on the computer. Maybe I don't understand the problem you are trying to overcome.
    Fax machines are dial-up. Faxing to one requires either a fax machine or a modem to place the call and establish a connection where it can then start to communicate with lots of beeps, dings, dongs and hissing. You remember the good old days of dial-up internet, right?

I'd rather not use an online fax service - who knows what happens to the documents once they're in someone else's system :s
    02-07-16 03:26 PM
    Fax machines are dial-up. Faxing to one requires either a fax machine or a modem to place the call and establish a connection where it can then start to communicate with lots of beeps, dings, dongs and hissing. You remember the good old days of dial-up internet, right?

I'd rather not use an online fax service - who knows what happens to the documents once they're in someone else's system :s

It sounds like your best bet is find out whether Staples, Kinkos etc or maybe the public library have machines available for use. Most phones can outright send faxes but if you don't take advantage of that you may have to use a physical machine.
    02-07-16 04:30 PM
    Go to a charity store that sells used stuff and get one for pennies

Posted via CB10
    02-07-16 05:01 PM
    I wonder if they have landlines there as well?

Posted from my X00 Z30
    GadgetTravel likes this.
    02-07-16 05:07 PM
    I wonder if they have landlines there as well?

Posted from my X00 Z30
    I don't know about BB10 but I checked on an iOS device and there were multiple apps. One had almost a perfect rating and over 750 ratings. Some of the same apps for Android as well and free for occasional users.
    02-07-16 05:49 PM
    Looks like ScanWritr or ScanWritr Pro have best reviews for BB10.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-16 11:50 PM