This is how you shake things up, BlackBerry! The way I see it, if devices like Kindle Fire HD and all the cyanogen devices can use google services, there should be a way for BB10 to manage the same type of thing. Minds would be blown. Die hard BB guys would probably not bother with it and it's great because you don't have to! The consumer types could add their account, get their Google Services stuff, and get by that way until they realize "you know what, I don't need this mess" and go native.

Unfortunately, I don't see them pulling many away from Android unless they can do this.

Fake: 10.3.1 new Accounts screen!-img_20140821_091801.png
    08-21-14 08:36 AM
    umm whats the point of this thread?
    08-21-14 08:56 AM
    Like this?

Fake: 10.3.1 new Accounts screen!-img_20140821_155421.png

Btw I don't think we don't have Google Services because BlackBerry isn't able to make them work, it's because of the legal stuff, BlackBerry purposely blocks the services so they wouldn't get suited by Google. Want some proofs? A long time ago when we were able to root PlayBook and before BlackBerry patched the loophole people were able to run Google's App Market (it was before they named it GPlay) on PlayBook and directly install apps from it. So it's definitely possible, I just wish BlackBerry would have left a tiny backdoor opened, so that skilled users could unblock it and BlackBerry could still say that they song officially support this, but I'm afraid it won't happen since it would be a BlackBerry security violation.

Posted via CB10
    Richard Buckley and kevets like this.
    08-21-14 09:00 AM
    umm whats the point of this thread?
    Shenanigans
    DocDRM likes this.
    08-21-14 09:16 AM
    Well, Kindle Fire HD is an android tablet, I believe. So it has the right to use google services...

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 12:09 PM
    Like this?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140821_155421.png 
Views:	2131 
Size:	89.0 KB 
ID:	292139

Btw I don't think we don't have Google Services because BlackBerry isn't able to make them work, it's because of the legal stuff, BlackBerry purposely blocks the services so they wouldn't get suited by Google. Want some proofs? A long time ago when we were able to root PlayBook and before BlackBerry patched the loophole people were able to run Google's App Market (it was before they named it GPlay) on PlayBook and directly install apps from it. So it's definitely possible, I just wish BlackBerry would have left a tiny backdoor opened, so that skilled users could unblock it and BlackBerry could still say that they song officially support this, but I'm afraid it won't happen since it would be a BlackBerry security violation.

Posted via CB10
    What is this from? That looks very interesting. Glad that someone gets it.

What I meant it say, is how technically different is what BlackBerry is doing with the runtime, compared to what Amazon did with their Kindle Fire?
    08-21-14 12:57 PM
    Fake: 10.3.1 new Accounts screen!-img_20140821_140223.png

this one is NOT fake but it is 10.3.0 not 10.3.1

And when you hit add Google account....

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 292178
    08-21-14 01:04 PM
    So, the point is that with google service allowed in our BB10 devices the things would improve better and faster for our community
    08-21-14 01:18 PM
    What is this from? That looks very interesting. Glad that someone gets it.

What I meant it say, is how technically different is what BlackBerry is doing with the runtime, compared to what Amazon did with their Kindle Fire?
    It's from my Z10, you can tell by my name in all of the accounts There's some files and a tutorial how to get some of the Google dependent apps work and actually log in to your Google Account, I don't have the thread link, I just remember that user Cobalt posted the “fixed” Google Services APKs. So far I'm running GMaps, Gmail and Ingress just fine, we didn't get many more apps working.
    08-21-14 04:51 PM
    Wow, I had no idea it had come along that far. So it still requires patching apks and stuff? If we can install Google services and have am account registered, that would open a lot of doors for sure.
    08-21-14 05:00 PM
    Well a few devs at the forums (especially the Android devs) had enough skills to patch some of the APKs and they shared it, so we can use it, you don't have to patch anything personally. But yeah, it's a sort of a sign that we might get even further than that one day, who knows

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 09:56 PM