What do you think would be the best outcome for BlackBerry as a company, and for us as BlackBerry users and consumers:

Fairfax+consortium or Laziridis+Fregin buying it up?

In my tremendously lay-man's opinion, I can only help but think the emotional connection Laziridis & Fregin must have for what they built would have to be the better option.

Look what happened to Apple when the prodigal Jobs returned; he took a sinking ship and turned it into the most wealthy company on the planet - you'd think in no small part due to the fact Apple was his creation.

What are you thoughts?

Blackberry is dead; long live Blackberry!
    10-13-13 11:02 PM
    Good question. Since we don't know much about the intentions of either party, it's really hard to say at this point.

However, there'd be a better chance of a return to innovation under the direction of Mike Lazaridis. As out of touch as he was when he left, BlackBerry's return to their roots would be intriguing under his return.
    10-13-13 11:12 PM
    Lazarids & Fregin.

Posted via CB10
    qwerty4ever likes this.
    10-13-13 11:43 PM
    I'm really puzzled here. Any offer under $15 will have to include an option for shareholders to keep their shares and retain voting right in the new company. There are people betting on the long with no intention of of selling now. BBMx has yet to launch and BB10 is still growing, with proper management and patience this is a successful niche player.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 08:20 AM