When I touch a facebook notification in the hub, the hub darkens like it does before the message slides into view, but after about 2 seconds it brightens back to normal, not opening and not marking as read. Any ideas?

Bonus question:
    How does the remote search for email work that came with 10.2.1? Using Gmail, I can't seem to search beyond the month that the device lets you keep emails for. Michael Clewley also said that we would be able to use Gmail archive with the new OS, but I can't seem to figure that out either.

Thanks for any thoughts.
    02-18-14 12:48 PM
    My facebook does that every now and again, a reboot normally sorts it,( q10 on. 1925)

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 01:00 PM
    When I touch a facebook notification in the hub, the hub darkens like it does before the message slides into view, but after about 2 seconds it brightens back to normal, not opening and not marking as read. Any ideas?
    Omg pls some one must have an answer or ide show to fix other than Restart. So frustrating I restart my phone it works for about 3 minutes and then back to this again. 1 step forward with Txt messaging working finally 1 step back with Facebook hub breaking.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 08:07 PM
    I think i have the same issue. My notifications come in for fb in the hub. When I try and open them the screen will go dark as usual but instead of opening the message the hub brightens up again and I'm back at square one. It will work every now and then but in general it has not been a reliable way to access Facebook. I have had to use the app instead.
    I've been noticing this for a few weeks. Possibly since 10.2.1 was released.
    I'm on rogers btw.
    Let's hope someone can shed some light on this annoying and persistent issue.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-14 10:12 PM
    I have this problem all the time now, didn't seem to start when I upgraded, it actually started when I downloaded mobile1 Android app store and started installing android apk's it has been slowly getting worse over time and now it has gotten to the point where it never works with or without a restart.

My guess is that it could be a background app conflict between and android app that I've downloaded and the Facebook hub.
    02-21-14 09:21 AM
    It used to do that when I was running leaks. Even after I updated OTA on top of a leak. Personally I installed old leak, wiped, installed new OS OTA then wiped again and started from scratch. Everything is working well now

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 09:42 AM
    Same problem here. I've had apks from the beginning. A background conflict would sound logical though.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Z10
    02-21-14 09:56 AM
    Yes, I have the same issue when I try to open Facebook notifications from the Hub. I can say with certainty that this issue started after I installed OS 10.2.1.537.

Frustrated Q10 user (Telus, Official10.2.1.537)
    02-21-14 12:00 PM
    I have this problem too. On Rogers. Noticed after os update. I do have Amazon and Snap installed but not a lot of android apps. Reboot usually fixes it for a bit, but who wants to do that?
    02-22-14 07:20 AM
    I've only started to have this Facebook issue today. I'm glad it's not only me.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 04:23 PM
    I've had this only since the new update. Reboots don't fix it either.

Z10 Love!
    02-23-14 11:53 AM
    Yeah 10.2.1 did it to me.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 04:05 PM
    So I noticed something yesterday. Restarted my phone and have not touched the actual Facebook app only used the hub for Facebook messages. So far they are all loading in a flash no issues at all. It's been about 12hours now. Normally I would get an hour tops. Maybe give this a try guys and report back. If other ppl are finding the hub works now I'll pop off some emails to see if we can get it fixed.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 08:48 AM
    So I noticed something yesterday. Restarted my phone and have not touched the actual Facebook app only used the hub for Facebook messages. So far they are all loading in a flash no issues at all. It's been about 12hours now. Normally I would get an hour tops. Maybe give this a try guys and report back. If other ppl are finding the hub works now I'll pop off some emails to see if we can get it fixed.

Posted via CB10
    Not working for me.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 01:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    Under this same logic I tried ending the process by using the app Manager, but neither the restarting or closing in app manager let me open messages from the hub.
    It seems to work sometimes and not at others.
    02-25-14 02:23 PM
    Ya i can't see any pattern to it.after i opened Facebook accidentally it stopped working in the hub so I restarted my phone but it didn't fix it that time. Restarted only the hub and it works again now

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 03:32 PM
    I can confirm that I have the same issue. And its international, because my carrier is TMobile Czech republic

It started with 10.2.1 for me, it was ok before.

I really hope BlackBerry is reading this and knows what to do with it, soon. Because it is a Hub problem, and Hub is considered to be one of the core functions of BB10, so I think it is important that it work flawless.
    02-25-14 04:59 PM
    Maybe it isn't a hub problem, because bbm, twitter, text, email all work great for me.

Maybe it's a Facebook problem, did we not just get a Facebook update?
    02-26-14 06:12 AM
    Seen a list of fixes that will be coming out in the next Os update 10.2.1.2102 or whatever and the issues we are seeing here are listed as known bugs. Patients people, the update has started rolling out and we should be getting it soon.
    03-03-14 02:44 PM
    Just got the update and I still had the issue. I turned off the ability to install apks in the app management settings as well as uninstalled 1mobile. Did a device restart and it seems to be working good now... strange.
    03-03-14 07:27 PM
    I tried turning off my ability to install apk's didn't help me. My Facebook hub just dies not work at all anymore. Even after a restart now don't get any time working.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 07:38 AM
    Ya mine still messes up from time to time.
    Restart usually helps
    03-09-14 11:50 AM
    Still a problem here.

***can probably ignore below as just found there is another thread seemingly pointing to Facebook problem***

Sounds like it maybe a problem with the facebook app or apks. Let's assume it's the second and do some detective work. Which apks do you have and which do you use often* and then ones that have probably been open+ when problem (re)starts?

Skype*+
    Fitbit
    Harmony*+
    Instagram*
    DoubleTwist
    Elisa Viihde
    YLE Areena
    Steam
    Amazon MP3
    Cabals Trading Card Game*
    Minun Sonera
    Veikkaus
    IRCCloud*
    Kik
    Ubuntu One Files
    Spotify
    Last.fm
    Minecraft - Pocket Edition
    Amazon Appstore
    Poweramp
    Ask.fm
    Football League Clubs' App
    CPFC BBS
    Speedtest.net
    Fusion Music Player

All installed via Snap excluding Amazon Appstore

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Z10
    03-20-14 12:54 AM
    Instagram *+
    Fancy
    Waze*+
    03-20-14 11:29 AM
    Facebook update seems to fix it. Anyone else?
    03-20-14 12:43 PM
27 12