When I get emails about tags, comments etc and click the link within the email it launches the browser version of facebook and not the app. Is there some setting to fix that? Thanks!

BlaQberry10
    12-27-14 10:39 AM
    Moved you to BlackBerry 10 Apps, I believe the app still needs a heck of a lot of improvement. On other platforms things like that get's pushed through the app for notifications.
    02-17-15 08:37 AM
    When I get emails about tags, comments etc and click the link within the email it launches the browser version of facebook and not the app. Is there some setting to fix that? Thanks!

BlaQberry10
    No. There is no way to "fix" that because there is nothing wrong. That's how it works. When you get an email it opens the browser just like any other link in an email is opened.

When you get a notification from the app, it opens the local Facebook app.

The problem is that the native Facebook app very rarely notifies promptly if at all. It hasn't really worked well from the beginning. They need to get really serious with the push notifications.

You can always just remember to delete the email immediately when the notification is received and then open the app directly. Not the best solution, but going directly to the app is the only way. A link in an email will always open the browser.

HTH

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    02-17-15 09:33 AM