Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Exchange ActiveSync over Wifi Problems

Hello all,

Been scouring the Internet for the past few days trying to find an answer to this, but no luck.

I have successfully configured an Exchange ActiveSync account hosted on an Exchange 2007 server. However, it only works over the LTE/HSPA+ Bell Canada network. When I connect to ANY wifi network the activesync account stops working, all other e-mail accounts configured through IMAP continue to function as expected as do all other data services such as the browser and BBM.

I have also tried this with other Exchange accounts on other servers via ActiveSync and experienced the same problem.

Am I the only person who has experienced this? Its not a huge issue, however to save on my mobile data usage I would like to be able to use wifi whenever possible.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrjrose View Post
    Hello all,

Been scouring the Internet for the past few days trying to find an answer to this, but no luck.

I have successfully configured an Exchange ActiveSync account hosted on an Exchange 2007 server. However, it only works over the LTE/HSPA+ Bell Canada network. When I connect to ANY wifi network the activesync account stops working, all other e-mail accounts configured through IMAP continue to function as expected as do all other data services such as the browser and BBM.

I have also tried this with other Exchange accounts on other servers via ActiveSync and experienced the same problem.

Am I the only person who has experienced this? Its not a huge issue, however to save on my mobile data usage I would like to be able to use wifi whenever possible.

I have a similar problem but with my PlayBook. Activesync to Exchange using native email only works when the PlayBook is bridged to my cell (rogers), doesn't work on wifi. Weird...
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

I should have noted that my Playbook, an iPod touch, and a Samsung tab 2 10.1 all work perfectly on wifi with the same Exchange Active Sync account.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrjrose View Post
    Hello all,

I have this problem too. It only affects the exchange active sync account setup thru office365, not the one i have thru go daddy.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

I replaced the m.outlook.com server address with outlook.office365.com and this problems seems to have stopped. Exchange working continuously for 6 hours in an out of home wifi. Never able to do this on the past.

Posted via CB10