Well....just off the phone with our IT guy. We are old school - Exchange 2003
    12-24-13 02:56 PM
    Ouch... sorry I can't really offer any help there other than to suggest you reach out to BlackBerry support.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 03:13 PM
    Well thanks for all the replies in any case - appreciated!
    12-24-13 04:01 PM
    It's time For your IT department to upgrade to Microsoft Exchange Server 2010.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    12-25-13 04:57 AM
    BlackBerry 10 is known for dropping connections. People are reporting with yahoo as well as others. We reconnect and it fine, then it drops again. Mine happens with yahoo and even a few times with Google. I suspect it is the same issue making you drop. Someone reported a reason in a old yahoo dropping thread but it was not something anyone could fix. Appears to be a bug and BlackBerry needs to fix it. Just some info that might be useful....also, you will need to adjust your settings to share a file on the CB app. you must allow access to your files in the permissions.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 05:25 AM
    BlackBerry 10 is known for dropping connections. People are reporting with yahoo as well as others. We reconnect and it fine, then it drops again. Mine happens with yahoo and even a few times with Google. I suspect it is the same issue making you drop. Someone reported a reason in a old yahoo dropping thread but it was not something anyone could fix. Appears to be a bug and BlackBerry needs to fix it. Just some info that might be useful....also, you will need to adjust your settings to share a file on the CB app. you must allow access to your files in the permissions.

Posted via CB10
    Speaking as an Exchange engineer and someone who has his BlackBerry hooked up to two separate Exchange 2010 installations, I can assure you my BlackBerry does not drop server connections.
    I think those with Yahoo and Gmail issues might be having issues with the IMAP protocol, but the ActiveSync protocol implementation is pretty solid on BlackBerry 10 devices.

If people have issues with ActiveSync connectivity, and are running an Exchange system that is newer than 10 years old (sorry OP! :-) ), 9/10 it has to do with the configuration of the path between the device and the Exchange server.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 08:07 AM
    Speaking as an Exchange engineer and someone who has his BlackBerry hooked up to two separate Exchange 2010 installations, I can assure you my BlackBerry does not drop server connections.
    I think those with Yahoo and Gmail issues might be having issues with the IMAP protocol, but the ActiveSync protocol implementation is pretty solid on BlackBerry 10 devices.

If people have issues with ActiveSync connectivity, and are running an Exchange system that is newer than 10 years old (sorry OP! :-) ), 9/10 it has to do with the configuration of the path between the device and the Exchange server.

Posted via CB10
    I have two exchange active sync accounts on my Z10. Connection never drops.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 04:12 PM
    I have two exchange active sync accounts on my Z10. Connection never drops.

Posted via CB10
    Similar experience here. I have one work active sync account on my phone, and never lost a connection.

Well, it did a couple of times a few weeks back, but it was an actual server issue. Everyone at work had problems connecting, and even our PCs lost connection too.

But that's the only problem, and it obviously wasn't the phone.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 06:49 PM
    Do you have an ISA server in the mix. I had this issue with one of my clients and it was an ISA setting. Can't remember the fix though. It affected BlackBerry and windows phones only.

Rogers Deals and Discounts C0022C8F2
    12-26-13 12:58 AM
    Do you have an ISA server in the mix. I had this issue with one of my clients and it was an ISA setting. Can't remember the fix though. It affected BlackBerry and windows phones only.

Rogers Deals and Discounts C0022C8F2
    Something in the path between the Exchange server and the ActiveSync devices is 9/10 the culprit in ActiveSync communication scenarios. For example DirectPush expects the firewall to allow a lagged communications delay which is why Microsoft recommends tweaking your firewall to have a timeout of 15-30 minutes:
    Configure Direct Push to Work Through Your Firewall: Exchange 2010 Help
    This is all based around the DirectPush heartbeat behavior documented here:
    Heartbeat Interval Adjustment
    12-26-13 08:47 AM
    Loving my Z30, first BlackBerry device for me and I am enjoying it very much. The only major issue I am having is the phone keeps dropping my work's exchange Activesync connection. It says user details are invalid. A simple toggle of an account setting and back then save reconnects it, and up until yesterday it would drop out when my network connections changed. Yesterday, it dropped out about 10 times with no change in connection settings. I'm on 10.2.0.253 and have no newer update available from my carrier. I've been through older threads, but really haven't noticed anything conclusive. Any help greatly appreciated.

This is apparently a known (or at least previously reported) issue with 10.2, see BlackBerry knowledge-base article:

KB35400-Microsoft ActiveSync account can randomly become invalid

I have noticed various issues with account connections failing periodically on BB10 (ie as genesis101 mentions in post #30 here) but very very rarely with ActiveSync connections.

It seems to occur a lot when changing link types, ie from carrier data to WiFi, or when experiencing a transient signal loss.

Oftentimes it then invalidates authentication credentials and requires you to re-enter them. Very strange glitch.

Even stranger, I had never seen much evidence of this on EAS connections until I read this thread and noticed the referenced knowledge-base article. (Which is pretty recent - dated 12/3)

My theory on the issue with non-EAS accounts is that it has to do with overly aggressive power-management strategies used on the wireless link.
    HotFix likes this.
    12-30-13 04:13 AM
    I have active sync through BES and this is my observation based on the leaks I've tried:

10.2.0.xxxx - never had issues may it be a leak or official OS.

10.2.1.1055 - this is where my nightmare begun. Active Sync drops every now and then. I've experienced blank Work Hub etc

10.2 1.1295 - Active Sync issue persists however the only issue with it was my emails don't appear under the "Hub Work" Tab, it only shows under my "Work Email" Tab.

10.2.1.1925 - this is my life savior, all Active Sync issues were FIXED from the previous leak builds.

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    12-30-13 04:54 AM
    I have active sync through BES and this is my observation based on the leaks I've tried:

10.2.0.xxxx - never had issues may it be a leak or official OS.

10.2.1.1055 - this is where my nightmare begun. Active Sync drops every now and then. I've experienced blank Work Hub etc

10.2 1.1295 - Active Sync issue persists however the only issue with it was my emails don't appear under the "Hub Work" Tab, it only shows under my "Work Email" Tab.

10.2.1.1925 - this is my life savior, all Active Sync issues were FIXED from the previous leak builds.

Very interesting.

I'm not quite sure what to think of .1925 yet. It seems like a very "strange" build. But the fact it was released as a beta build to people in the BES beta program suggests that it may indeed have been released largely to test fixes for issues in enterprise environments, ie EAS issues.
    12-30-13 09:02 PM
    Back again... I have updated the phone through two 10.2.1 versions and the exchange Activesync dropouts continue. I also have my own Zarafa activesync connection which never drops out. I will investigate these ISA references, as that's what I have suspected for a while. Thanks to everyone for the help.
    04-10-14 02:43 AM
    Update: Since updating phone to 10.2.1.2941, I have had no exchange dropouts. Very happy man!

Posted via CB10
    HotFix likes this.
    07-21-14 09:17 PM
40 12