Some background for clarification.

Z10 with the newest software from Bell 10.0.10.85 with an account hosted on a Exchange 2010 server setup on the device with Microsoft Activesync.
    Previous version of software before today's update had the same issue.

When you invite a participant to a meeting request, you only get a list of people in your Contacts, there is no ability to add in a person's email or do a remote search by your company's Global Address List.

Now the interesting thing is that if you create an email, you can type in a person's name and it will do a search of the Gal by default, giving you the total amount of results to pick from.

If you add in a contact, you can do a "Remote Search" that maches up the name against your company's Gal.

So the problem is that unless you have the person directly in your Contact list, you cannot invite that said person to any meetings.

Am I missing something, or does the invite participant need a "Remote Search" function to be fully effective?
    03-07-13 08:16 PM
    I'm still able to do a look-up on the global directory when inviting people to a meeting request that aren't in my contacts. I'm with Rogers though and not Bell. Although I believe we are on the same version.

I've attached a screenshot that shows the 'lookup' option below the search field.

Exchange 2010 Activesync on Z10, cannot add a participant by looking up Global Address List-img_00000133.png

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 08:46 PM
    Is your account hooked up through a BES server or is it just Active Sync?
    03-07-13 10:35 PM
    Thanks for the screenshot, that got me playing abit more with that and found out what I was doing wrong, the + symbol to the far right of the participants only selects items from your Contact list, but if you click between the two, then you can manually type email addresses or do lookup's.
    03-09-13 07:52 PM