The fact that only a handful of 10.3.3 builds have appeared on the servers over the last few months would seem to suggest that BlackBerry is doing a lot of waiting.
    I've said it before... it's just a cron job and a shell script, that runs a compile every so often. They know about that 'latest spotted' thread here.

Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    09-16-16 08:59 PM
    I've said it before... it's just a cron job and a shell script, that runs a compile every so often. They know about that 'latest spotted' thread here.

Yes, and EWA Canada is willing to risk their reputation to be in on the conspiracy.
    09-16-16 09:10 PM
    The fact that only a handful of 10.3.3 builds have appeared on the servers over the last few months would seem to suggest that BlackBerry is doing a lot of waiting.
    It's your assumption that BB is the one doing the waiting.

The evaluators could be waiting for BB to respond to concerns that they have raised.

While I don't propose to go into detail, I have been involved in several evaluations and I know it to be a challenging process involving many back and forth discussions. Evaluators don't like to award "fail", but that doesn't mean that what you started with is what gets the eventual "pass". Effort from the sponsor is required.
    09-17-16 02:56 AM

But the facts are simple at this point.... BB10 is the past, Android is a possibility, one that needs full support if there is to be any future TLC hardware.
    Fixed it for you.

#soon, later, later this year, fiscal year, commitment,...blablabla ~J.BlaBla Chen
    09-17-16 03:09 AM
    Yes, and EWA Canada is willing to risk their reputation to be in on the conspiracy.
    Well, EWA Canada could still be evaluating a 10.3.3 build, I'm just saying that while that evaluation is ongoing, BlackBerry is idly compiling new builds every now and then to keep the obsessed fans talking.

I'm just joking anyways, hence the winky at the end of that post.

After some digging around, I did notice on EWA's website they seem to suggest that the certification process is very slow and drawn out. I also got the impression that they bill themselves as less expensive than the USA NIAP alternatives. I'd really love to find out more information though, like how long 10.3.3 has been in evaluation / when the process was started.

I forget if it was the Canadian or the US site but I did spot a thing suggesting that complete evaluation process can take 7 or 8 months.
    09-17-16 07:18 AM
    Sorry Steph, I think the current inane asylum around here might be getting to me.
    09-17-16 01:11 PM
    Sorry Steph, I think the current inane asylum around here might be getting to me.
    No worries at all. It's very hard to get tone and intent from text.

Cheers!
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    09-17-16 05:48 PM
    Bla1ze said that he didn't want to post an article regarding the status of 10.3.3 on the front page and now he has. No offence or anything, I'm just a little surprised.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  ,Passport (OG Red)
    09-28-16 11:47 PM
    Bla1ze said that he didn't want to post an article regarding the status of 10.3.3 on the front page and now he has. No offence or anything, I'm just a little surprised.

It's on their official twitter handle and it makes sense now to post because BlackBerry has said it loud. However dates remain myth.

 BlackBerry Passport 
    09-29-16 12:53 AM
    Hey Bla1ze, there's another new app now to review: DJ Pro. Check the BB10 Apps section of the forums

(and yes, I know some of the other readers will be stumped by this as they believe that there are no 3rd party devs left, but it's true that this is a new app)

09-29-16 11:48 PM
60 123