All this claims that Blackberries are the most secure & unhackable devices just falls flat on its face. Consider these 2 articles:

NSA can do what it pleases with any smartphone:
    How the NSA Spies on Smartphones Including the BlackBerry - SPIEGEL ONLINE

And what Snowden leaks reveal:
    With BlackBerry reportedly hacked, is anything secure? | Computerworld

Don't feel too secure about your as of now "PURE" BB10.
    08-28-15 10:53 PM
    In Communist Russia, yes.

Z30 STA100-5 -- OS 10.3.2.2168 -- stable.
    08-28-15 10:56 PM
    champagne!
    08-28-15 11:04 PM
    Well there are no details. It mentions gaining access when the person is on a BES requires special sustained NSA effort. Which in fact implies it is very secure if anything.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    David Tyler likes this.
    08-29-15 02:08 AM
    Well there are no details. It mentions gaining access when the person is on a BES requires special sustained NSA effort. Which in fact implies it is very secure if anything.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Talked about this on another post. These were older BES systems and what ended up happening was that NSA had to use other tools in order to get access to email. But it never got access to BES. They were accessing personal emails that they found belonged to the user. So instead of attacking BlackBerry directly they went that route. If you look through the original documents you will notice that what I am saying is true. Additionally, voice calls were still vulnerable.

It's a bit too early and I would give you the highlights and facts here but I placed it before on another thread and well it's 4 am and I'm going to sleep.

Also think about security as this. Nothing is perfect, and nothing is impenetrable. Security in the IT field is making things much more difficult for for someone to obtain or hack information. It's complex. And anything that communicates has access points. The thing is how the security is implemented helps but doesn't mean it's impenetrable. So if NSA had this much problems, and still couldn't deal with the situation and has to use social and or other routes to obtain information at least you know that this access point(bb) is very secure. And this was I think os 5 or 6 so we are in 12 now.

Oh remembering it I think if it wasn't connected to bes it was more vulnerable because it used BIS but the thing was that was personal email and Internet connection which has now been upgraded. But BES info has never been able to get access to.

Posted via CB10
    southlander and TylerXIII like this.
    08-29-15 03:43 AM
    All this claims that Blackberries are the most secure & unhackable devices just falls flat on its face. Consider these 2 articles:

In the past few days, I've have been researching to see what kinds of successes, or lack thereof, the NSA has had against BlackBerry BES. It is an interesting coincidence your first article is among those I read.

About that first article. It doesn't really state anything definitive about cracking BlackBerry. It goes into details about what the NSA has done against iPhones of a certain time period. But, speaking of BlackBerry, it says, they can "see and read" text messages.

To my knowledge, text messages are not secure or encrypted. (I read about this years ago. Unfortunately, I didn't save links to those articles to share them with you.). Reading a letter that isn't even in an envelope isn't impressive.

Also, it says they, "collect and process BIS mails." When I setup my old Bold 9650 for the first time, I was on BIS instead of BES. Reading the terms and conditions, I read that there was no security on BIS. BIS was an open Internet connection provided on an as-is basis. It wasn't really any different than any Internet connection on any other phone in that regard.

The comments about the presentation entitled, "Your target is using a BlackBerry? Now what?" start to talk about what I want to hear. But, no real details. It brings up an intercepted email of a Mexican government agency, but with no details. Was the phone bugged? Did they human engineer spyware into it? Did they hack BES? Or, did they find a way to get into a BlackBerry that doesn't have anything to do with confronting BES? There are no details. They just imply a hack of the highest order.

BlackBerry, as far as I can tell, does not advertise that a BlackBerry phone is unbeatable. What their message seems, to me, to be is that a BlackBerry phone messaging another BlackBerry phone through BES is secure enough to be as close to unbeatable as you're likely to find. I have yet to see any article detailing how someone has beaten the BES system.

Second article and one it links to; same thing. We "intercepted BlackBerry messages and calls." But, no details about what that means, only the implication that, "We beat the best at what they're best at." BlackBerry calls and messages are not different from any other phone (around the dates these articles speak on. In other words, 2009.). I have no doubt a regular police officer from the local department can make short work of intercepting my BlackBerry communications with some low-cost hardware from off the Internet while I'm shipping my email through Wi-Fi. It doesn't take the NSA to do that. But, did they break through the BES wall? That's what I want to know.

The NSA message, as I see it from a collection of articles, seems to be, "We've beaten the best. Therefore, encryption should be stopped in mobile phones. If not, your businesses will falter, as has BlackBerry business." To which I say, if you know how to get around a lock, why do you have to try to talk people out of using locks? And, if the lock is so defeat-able, why is the president allowed to use one? Show and prove or it didn't happen. Also, why should any of us get rid of our locks when whatever criminals are lurking would love to be able to pass, without resistance, through any door?

#MyTwoPennies

 Posted via CB10 on my Q10 
    08-29-15 04:09 AM

Lmao. Only those who haven't been paying attention think they are safe from the NSA and the rest of the Five Eyes. Good for you for finally stumbling on this information. BlackBerry is secure from exploits from everyday people, not the Government. Anyone who claims otherwise is still fast asleep.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639
    08-29-15 04:39 AM
    One should understand, that everything is hackable, yet it depends on time and effort. Hacking BlackBerry takes longer then android, but thats it. Its doable

This is not a political sig, vatniks
    08-29-15 04:42 AM
    One should understand, that everything is hackable, yet it depends on time and effort. Hacking BlackBerry takes longer then android, but thats it. Its doable

This is not a political sig, vatniks
    Then do it. You're like the 5th person to come along and claim BlackBerry is hackable with no proof, just your theory that it can be. Put out or get out.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639
    08-29-15 04:48 AM
    BSRT-2014-003 Vulnerability in qconnDoor service affects BlackBerry 10 smartphones

BlackBerry response to reports of tethered jailbreak vulnerabilities

BSRT-2014-008 Vulnerability in BlackBerry World service affects BlackBerry 10 smartphones

BlackBerry response to OpenSSL vulnerabilities

Vulnerability in a component of the BlackBerry Enterprise Server could allow one enterprise instant messaging user to impersonate another

On BlackBerry's knowledge base alone - a little variety here, from a BB World vulnerability, to wireless, to rooting BBOS, to enterprise user impersonation - all updates from the past month. BlackBerry is not some kind of impregnable fortress and it needs plugging, securing and care like anything else: it can't stand still.
    08-29-15 05:15 AM
    Did you actually read the requirements for those exploits to be successful? Lol. But yes it is possible to exploit BB10, in a very controlled environment, but nonetheless still possible. Comparing it to Android with all its vulnerabilities is still a major insult and completely wrong however.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639
    skstrials likes this.
    08-29-15 06:09 AM
    The NSA was caught hacking SIM card manufacturer (if they have the encryption keys they can get x call).

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2...phones-hacking

The NSA also taps into telecom fiber backbones and just makes a copy of tier 1 traffic. (this is where they can intercept your data easily)

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Room_641A

It doesn't really matter what phone you use.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 01:22 PM
    Lmao. Only those who haven't been paying attention think they are safe from the NSA and the rest of the Five Eyes. Good for you for finally stumbling on this information. BlackBerry is secure from exploits from everyday people, not the Government. Anyone who claims otherwise is still fast asleep.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639
    No one is really claiming BlackBerrys are absolutely un-hackable in any way shape or form, nor that the NSA can't do so. The article referenced makes it sound like the NSA created a special division/team just for targeting BES users. Which implies it is a lot harder.

So BlackBerry appears to be correct in marketing their security as tops as I see it. There is a reason they are the most trusted in highly secured environments.
    08-29-15 11:29 PM
    Is there any reason for someone to post he hacked a Blackberry, let alone how he did it or why.

And if no one post that he hacked a Blackberry does that mean Blackberry cannot be hacked?
    08-30-15 12:03 AM
    No one is really claiming BlackBerrys are absolutely un-hackable in any way shape or form, nor that the NSA can't do so. The article referenced makes it sound like the NSA created a special division/team just for targeting BES users. Which implies it is a lot harder.

So BlackBerry appears to be correct in marketing their security as tops as I see it. There is a reason they are the most trusted in highly secured environments.
    I'm claiming BlackBerry is unhackable by everyone but the NSA. Until someone hacks BB10 or even a BBOS phone it's all speculation that it can be done but hasn't.

Is there any reason for someone to post he hacked a Blackberry, let alone how he did it or why.

And if no one post that he hacked a Blackberry does that mean Blackberry cannot be hacked?
    Um yeah it's called bragging rights and they do it every time they hack anything. Nobody has claimed they can because nobody has. If someone ever does it'll be posted everywhere.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639
    skstrials likes this.
    08-30-15 12:37 PM
    i know this thread is a couple of months old but people will stumble across this for years to come.

for a start, no one is mentioning GCHQ! Its publicly known that they are the strongest, most intelligent spy agency in the world right now. yes american's want to be the best at everything but currently Britain's GCHQ tops the list.

also, every poster so far has failed to notice that the first link mentions that it would take about 4 million years to crack the 2013 BES encryption system!!!! (im currently writing this in 2015) ergo, you can treat it like bleach; realistically it can kill 100% of germs but we have to put on the labels 99.9% just the same as in this day and age, BES is 100% safe but because it would take 4 millions years to hack, we should treat that as 99.9% secure!!

there's a reason why Obama, Cameron, Merkel et al are forced to use BlackBerry's.... because BBM and BES data CANNOT currently be hacked/spied/snooped on!

why blackberry isn't a majpr global power i dont know but the sooner more people support the likes of Edward Snowdon and our own and each others privacy, the better!!
    skstrials likes this.
    10-30-15 09:50 PM
    A couple of points from the book Nowhere To Hide:

1. In certain circumstances, Blackberrys are pretty simple to hack. For example, when used on an airplane's wifi network, the agencies have no difficulty collecting metadata.

2. With the book does not discuss what type of phone Snowden carries, but it did say that his security precautions included removing the battery of any phone that had one, or, if not, placing it inside a freezer. And this was to prevent the phone from being remotely activated as a voice eavesdropping device!

Clearly government agencies have vast sophistication behind their hacking programs, but if the NSA or CGHQ hacks your BB10 phone, you will never, ever know. Or be effected. Unless you are engaged in a criminal enterprise. But if an economic hacker does, you or your contacts will be directly harmed. And so being able to avoid that type of vulnerability is valuable even if the government cannot be blocked.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 posted via CB10
    10-31-15 10:00 PM

Nothing is 100% secure and unable to be hacked. Sure NSA can hack my BlackBerry if they really want to. But they're going to have to really want to, because it is no simple task. It all boils down to the level of security a device has weighed against the threat, and how much money and resources they are willing to devote to the hack. I've been told by people in the know, that iphones and Android phones are relatively easy to compromise, but BlackBerry phones, not so much.

Rock'n the awesome Z30 STA100-5 on 10.3.2.2474
    11-01-15 09:11 AM