- CrackBerry Abuser
01-29-13, 11:18 AM #3
- 301 Posts
The premise of your theory that you declare to be a given is flawed. Personally I'm glad BIS is going and think the benefits are over-stated, and there are others that agree, so it is not as clear cut as you make out. Further the added benefits of BB10 should certainly outweigh the loss of BIS (so your BB10 = BB - BIS) is wrong, BB10 = BB + lots more - BIS. Theorem rejected.
- CrackBerry Addict
01-29-13, 11:22 AM #4
- 708 Posts
i think what we people are failing to see is that BB10 is still going to lean heavily on the NOC BIS is not going anywhere. the cost to the carriers is. more than likely the routing scheme will be different than it currently is but BB will always have BIS
- 01-29-13, 11:36 PM #6
This seems to be a SA specific theory where they currently have low-cost capped unlimited BB BIS plans which are now rumored to be going away. Most of the rest of the world don't have these plans and we pay for our data usage. For us losing BIS is less of an issue than in SA where it may make a massive difference.
- By NaudiA4 in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xxReplies: 8Last Post: 06-13-09, 03:25 PM
- By mroy in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 30Last Post: 01-30-09, 04:34 PM
- By roder in forum IntroductionsReplies: 15Last Post: 10-01-08, 07:22 PM
- By akatypes in forum News & RumorsReplies: 12Last Post: 06-22-08, 10:26 AM
- By rbishop in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 09-26-07, 03:13 PM