Ok this is probably more than likely going to start some heated discussion.

What started this whole this vs. that? More specifically iOS vs android vs windows vs blackberry. There's animosity everywhere, cars, audio equipment, Pepsi vs. Coke, etc......but why so much hate in the phone world?

Myself I hate apple, and Bose with a burning hate of evil hatred passion!!! But I don't hate the people who use them. I think a lot if people mis constru opinions for fact. Or attack someone because of their opinion.

Is it because we use these devices so much that we just want others to realize how we want to use them? Cost? Religion (apple status symbol)?, looks? Or just fad?

I've used every platform, and it's just my "Opinion" that BlackBerry head the nail on the head with BB10. Every Os has ups and downs.

What are your thoughts?

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    ivette0786 likes this.
    05-01-13 02:56 PM
    It is a human thing, just like the different between rich and poor. Sad, but as humans we bring up these sort of things.
    05-01-13 03:01 PM
    Ok this is probably more than likely going to start some heated discussion.

What started this whole this vs. that? More specifically iOS vs android vs windows vs blackberry. There's animosity everywhere, cars, audio equipment, Pepsi vs. Coke, etc......but why so much hate in the phone world?

Myself I hate apple, and Bose with a burning hate of evil hatred passion!!! But I don't hate the people who use them. I think a lot if people mis constru opinions for fact. Or attack someone because of their opinion.

Is it because we use these devices so much that we just want others to realize how we want to use them? Cost? Religion (apple status symbol)?, looks? Or just fad?

I've used every platform, and it's just my "Opinion" that BlackBerry head the nail on the head with BB10. Every Os has ups and downs.

What are your thoughts?

No
    Innerchild likes this.
    05-01-13 03:02 PM
    I'm a big BB fan, but respect other people's decision to stick to other platforms. UNLESS they start insulting me for using that brand. than it becomes a full fledged smartphone discussion
    On another hand, why do you hate Bose?
    05-01-13 03:03 PM
    Remember the Star Trek episode with Frank Gorshin playing two parts? One race had the left side of his face black and the right was white, he also played the part of the opposing race who had the left side white and right side black. Remember that episode? It just like that.
    05-01-13 03:08 PM
    I'm okay. Use whatever you want. I don't like any misinformation.
    05-01-13 03:16 PM
    why do you hate Bose?
    They used to he ok, but anymore you can achieve the same quality if not better for less then half what you pay.

Just IMO

eldricho likes this.
    05-01-13 03:26 PM
    It's never gonna end. It's a neverending cycle that starts all over again as soon as a new products emerges.

And I find the iPhone people to be the worst fanboys (and girls) of them all. Many of them seriously look down on people just because they use Android or anything else. I can't believe the **** I have seen iPhone people post on the net.
    05-01-13 03:26 PM
    I think that different phones are right for different people. It depends how you use your phone. If you make a lot of use of certain apps then Bb10 would be a very poor phone choice right now. Android might be the best choice for people who want to spend a lot of time customizing their phones, but it doesn't mean it's the right choice for everyone. As for the security debate, Obama uses a blackberry. He has an American house, an American car, but he uses a Canadian phone with a Canadian os, so "Nuff Said" on that issue, as they say. Who has more need for security than the President of the United States?

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 03:31 PM
    This happens because most people nowadays lack any sense of individuality. It's exactly like religion, I have no arguments, but mine is better! When you give them arguments they get very defensive because basically you are telling them they can't think for themselves.

Posted from my BlackBerry Q10 via CB10
    05-01-13 03:41 PM
    I just do not like people spreading misinformation about any platform. It is ok to have opinions, but they must be based in reality.

"BB10 is the best OS" That statement draws me into an eye rolling fest....

"BB10 is the best OS for ME" That statement I can respect...(Within context)
    05-01-13 03:45 PM
    I think that different phones are right for different people. It depends how you use your phone. If you make a lot of use of certain apps then Bb10 would be a very poor phone choice right now. Android might be the best choice for people who want to spend a lot of time customizing their phones, but it doesn't mean it's the right choice for everyone. As for the security debate, Obama uses a blackberry. He has an American house, an American car, but he uses a Canadian phone with a Canadian os, so "Nuff Said" on that issue, as they say. Who has more need for security than the President of the United States?

Posted via CB10
    I wouldn't depend on the US government to be the forward thinking technological entity. BB07 was the most secure platform way back when.. it does not mean that BB10 NOW is more secure than iOS or Windows Phone 8, or certain flavors of android. It takes the government a long time to switch technologies...
    05-01-13 03:48 PM
    I never bug people about their phone or tablet choice.
    I only get into it when they put down BlackBerry's and don't really know their stuff.

Remember when blackberry was cool? We didn't criticize them back then. It's them not us!
    05-01-13 04:22 PM
    Ya I totally agree. I can't stand coming on here and seeing people bash each other because of the device they use! Who really cares!
    05-01-13 04:49 PM
    I wouldn't depend on the US government to be the forward thinking technological entity. BB07 was the most secure platform way back when.. it does not mean that BB10 NOW is more secure than iOS or Windows Phone 8, or certain flavors of android. It takes the government a long time to switch technologies...
    Ahh lol I didn't mean to bring the debate into this thread too. I think BlackBerry probably still has the best security, but I'll just leave it at that. Different phones for different purposes

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 05:11 PM
    Have you seen the ps3 vs xbox360 debates? PC vs mac, world of warcraft vs swtor vs sto vs gw2 vs ESO. The debate never ends.

Posted via CB10
    brout likes this.
    05-01-13 05:17 PM
    Way back when? As in today? Because it's still alive and well.
    05-01-13 05:36 PM