Dear Blackberry users,

After a few weeks of use, I cannot write to my memory card (SanDisk micro SDXC Ultra 64GB) although I can read from it fine. As I was running out of space on my device (digression: not sure how I can run out of space, as I can't find what's taking up all the space - storage settings and file manager doesn't help) I wanted to move some files across.

I was able to read the contents of my media card on the PC so I am quite sure it is not encrypted. However, I noticed it was set as encrypted in settings. I reckoned that perhaps that was why I had trouble writing to the card, and toggled the encryption switch off. My phone spent the next 2 days decrypting the card, at the end of which the following message was displayed "The encryption process was interrupted. Please contact your administrator for support". I am not sure what this means but I can still read my card as before. The only annoying thing is that the message keeps popping up .

JC
    08-28-15 09:10 AM
    Dump the contents of the SD card to you computer.
    Make sure you can read that dump on your PC, as in the photos and documents are viewable and readable. If not skip all below.
    If they are, then remove the SD card from BlackBerry:
    1. Check the security settings on the BlackBerry to make sure encryption is off.
    2. Pop the SD card into a USB card reader and check the Properties of the card on your computer, see what Format the card is in (FAT32 or exFAT)
    3. Format the SD card on your PC using the same file format it was. Do not use NTFS. If you can't select the same format, search for a freeware programs called Rufus and use that.
    4. Once formatted, pop it back into your BlackBerry and check the Details within Setting/Storage and Access.
    5. Check again to make sure encryption is off.
    6. If it sees the card OK, start coping your files and folder back onto it from your computer.
    7. You can speed up the process by turning on Mass Storage Mode in the Access using USB section of Storage and Access and transfer the file via the computer's file explorer.

Now, if your original file dump was not readable on the computer, do not do the above format process.
    You will have to keep trying to un-encrypt the the BlackBerry.
    08-28-15 12:04 PM
    1. Pop the SD card into a USB card reader and check the Properties of the card on your computer, see what Format the card is in (FAT32 or exFAT)
    2. Format the SD card on your PC using the same file format it was. Do not use NTFS. If you can't select the same format, search for a freeware programs called Rufus and use that.
    Great instructions, but he has a 64gb card. Even if his card was formatted FAT32 he should still use exFAT when he reformats otherwise he'll mess up his card.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 12:43 PM
    Great instructions, but he has a 64gb card. Even if his card was formatted FAT32 he should still use exFAT when he reformats otherwise he'll mess up his card.

Posted via CB10
    Hence why I said to use Rufus if you can use the same format.
    My Z30 is rocking a 128GB SanDisk in FAT32.
    One reason to use FAT32 over exFAT is that if you like to try out leaked, hybrid, or non-carrier releases OS's in your BlackBerry, some of those have trouble either downloading the exFAT drivers from BlackBerry, thus making the card unusable in the BlackBerry, or have a "buggy" exFAT driver that will not allow a computer to access the card unless you are in USB Mass Storage mode, making it much harder to use a PC to manage files on device and SD memory.
    08-28-15 01:10 PM
    Thank you to DaFoxGrey and DanielSamwel for your messages and instructions. I'll give it a go if the situation gets worse. At the moment, all I get is that warning message. I can do everything else without trouble.
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    09-01-15 08:58 AM