As there is a major amount of traffic about emailing and BB did not give us a new BB Web based system (my personnel want), we need a dummy based, set of discussions, that describe how to setup email using Gmail, Yahoo, Etc, and also for those of us who would rather not not be tied to one of the major players. The discussion should include the syncing of calendars and contacts.

I believe this paper would go along way towards customer satisfaction, especially now the US where we are still impatiently waiting for our release.
    Bolderholder likes this.
    02-03-13 09:36 AM
    And it needs to be thorough. That means it needs to include pop3 accounts without the IMAP option. We've already been told right here on CrackBerry the other day that BIS is still around even for BB10 (even though some UK carriers say otherwise). Can we still set up our pop3 accounts on the BIS? When I upgrade through AT&T a few months from now, can I keep my account as currently set up over BIS? No one as answered that rather simple question.
    02-03-13 10:40 AM
    02-03-13 10:56 AM
    The knowledge base is okay if you have another of time on your hands and can sift through all the data.

I do believe I mentioned 'dummy proof.
    02-03-13 11:02 AM
    Nope. Nothing relevant to this question there in the KB yet.
    02-03-13 11:09 AM
    There are too many pages to read, but this is a serious issue.
    02-03-13 10:24 PM
    Fantastic idea as I am not at all confident about how to resolve this issue. I am holding off buying my Z10 until this email issue is adequately outlined for "dummies" like me. Once email is addressed, I will wait patiently as the updates roll thru to address any legitimate concerns raised in the past few days. Kevin be thy name.....hope your listening. Lol.
    02-03-13 10:33 PM
    Would also like to know about Outlook Web Access. Previously the only way I could get work emails was through BIS. If BIS still woks then great, but if BIS does not work on BB10 then I need a new solution.
    02-04-13 05:46 AM
    Can e-mail be set up on the device so that only messages from your contacts can be received, along with a list of exceptions that you create? The 9930 does this and I consider it a very important feature.
    02-04-13 07:45 AM
    Bump - just to help keep it current.

This really needs to be addressed ASAP. Especially before the US launch, otherwise switch-over users will be turned off.
    02-06-13 10:29 AM
    Would also like to know about Outlook Web Access. Previously the only way I could get work emails was through BIS. If BIS still woks then great, but if BIS does not work on BB10 then I need a new solution.
    OWA usually means it's a MS Exchange email system. You can use the built-in Exchange ActiveSync with that now. And, you can sync contacts and your work calendar OTA (over the air).
    02-06-13 11:03 AM