I have noticed that when I deleted emails from hub that I assumed that they were completely gone. But when doing a search for example on my first name, all my deleted emails will show up!!!? I don't consider this a very secure scenario.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 03:38 AM
    I have noticed that when I deleted emails from hub that I assumed that they were completely gone. But when doing a search for example on my first name, all my deleted emails will show up!!!? I don't consider this a very secure scenario.

Posted via CB10
    Are you sure the deleted emails are coming up or just all emails that addressed to you?

Try searching the subject line of a deleted email. Every email is addressed to you so every non deleted email will come back in the search results.

I just did my morning mailbox clean up. All emails that I deleted from handheld and server were gone. I had some overnight mail and deleted them after reading your post and made note of subject and sender. I went back after deletion and they were gone. Of course searching with my first name brought up every email in my inbox EXCEPT for the deleted ones.

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    07-24-14 06:14 AM
    Every email to me that is addressed to me I delete from the Hub. But when I do a search using Z10 search box on the Z10 desktop I found every email that I deleted over the last month or so. I have a POP email account but that shouldn't be a factor.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 08:09 AM
    Every email to me that is addressed to me I delete from the Hub. But when I do a search using Z10 search box on the Z10 desktop I found every email that I deleted over the last month or so. I have a POP email account but that shouldn't be a factor.

Posted via CB10
    I think pop is a factor cause it's not a two way sync

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 08:13 AM
    I bet when you have 1 unread email and you preview it on the lock screen you'll see more than one unread email listed right? And those other emails are the ones you deleted right?

I have the same issue since the first upgrade to 10.2.1 and no idea why. Finding it through the Hub search is new to me though (just tried it, and I can replicate the phantom unread email).

Anyway, OP do this: in the Hub, press and hold on the date header then select "Mark all as read". Your phantom emails should be gone now. Don't know what causes this bug but yeah it's happening.

The reason this is happening is because you are deleting MULTIPLE *unread* emails at once. Instead, mark them all as read then delete them in bulk. It's a stupid annoying bug but it is what it is.

Hope this helps.

By the way, I'm on Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.3247

Posted from my super duper Z30!
    07-24-14 09:19 AM