Email on BlackBerry 10
Anyone had a chance to try email on BlackBerry 10?
For all the warts on the old Blackberry OS, damn it handled email well! The link blinks, you click the mail button and instantaneously you see your email. Other things like twitter and facebook fed in nicely, as did multiple email accounts. Setup of email was easy too.
On the PlayBook, it's ok, but I wouldn't say "great". There are a few things that drive me nuts:
1. It routinely has connection issues with some of my email providers. Not sure if that's the PlayBook's fault or the provider's fault but one of the accounts often fails to login into the provider and transport email.
2. When I delete emails from the PlayBook, they don't disappear from my email provider in some cases
3. The biggie: there's a speed problem. On the PlayBook, a light blinks. When I click the email program, it doesn't launch instantaneously like on the BlackBerry. Rather, it waits to load up my existing emails, then it syncs. There's a delay between the blink and the email that I never saw on a BlackBerry phone. Drives me nuts!
4. The email program can get a bit sluggish. My suspicion is that this is again an AIR issue and hoping that Cascades is much snappier.
- 01-05-2013, 12:51 PM #2
- 01-05-2013, 07:54 PM #8
Email on BlackBerry 10
Do you guys think the Hub would be always running on PB in BB10 though?
E-mail & notifications on my PB are really the least of my worries. On my BB - that is a completely different story. Though to have the Hub always there chewing up memory may not be the desire for every PB user I think...
Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
- 01-05-2013, 09:37 PM #9
- 01-05-2013, 09:41 PM #10
Also, is it Gmail account ? if yes, then might have a look here : BIS e-mail delays - is it just me? (uk)
- The light blinking
- The email program loading
- The new email appearing
On the 9900 I had before, if the light blinked, the email was there. No waiting for the mail program to load or to fetch the email. On the PlayBook, it feels like a 'partial' BlackBerry email experience
- 01-10-2013, 10:47 AM #12~S_A
All views and opinions here are my own, and do not represent any views, opinions, or official communications either actual or implied of my employer.
- By gusg in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 13Last Post: 04-13-2009, 06:46 PM
- By sito in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 07-12-2008, 02:26 PM
- By derekpitch in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 06-30-2008, 06:55 PM
- By naviwilliams in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 6Last Post: 10-12-2007, 03:34 AM
- By beth98 in forum IntroductionsReplies: 2Last Post: 07-19-2007, 02:54 PM