I just wanted to point out a very positive experience as a new developer for Blackberry 10. I've been a Blackberry user for a long time (Curve 8320) and have always loved this platform. When the Playbook came out, I started to get more hands on with the tech side of the product. I learned how to make extremely simple apps mostly for my own benefit.

That being said, I had created a simple Groupon app to use personally and was convinced to try my hand at getting it published in Blackberry World. I was able to get it published and the app has been doing better than I ever expected. My whole time developing that app was in preparation to learn how to really develop an application. I must admit, back when Blackberry made the promise to developers to develop an app and get a dev Alpha, I really thought about taking the plunge.

Fast forward to today: My app has been doing so well, i decided to try my hand at learning Cascades coding. Keep in mind, I have never EVER TAKEN A CODING CLASS OR KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CODING. I just dug in, installed the SDK, researched the Developer section for Blackberry and got my hands dirty. After 48 hours from start, I now have an application with native Cascades menus that is upgraded from my original.

My whole reason for this post is to hopefully encourage the Blackberry faithful to sit down and learn coding. It's really rather simple, it just takes some patience because you will screw up, but if you learn from it, it can actually do so many positives (create a more robust app catalog, help you learn more about your device, and EARN MONEY!)!

Anyone else have any similar experiences? Any new developers who just learned from scratch with Blackberry?
    05-21-13 01:41 PM
    Started 3-4 years ago with building websites (HTML & CSS) . When i got my playbook in 2012 i started developing Webworks apps. Since the launch of BB10 i'm learning Cascades.
    05-21-13 03:20 PM
    Started 3-4 years ago with building websites (HTML & CSS) . When i got my playbook in 2012 i started developing Webworks apps. Since the launch of BB10 i'm learning Cascades.
    Sounds pretty similar to me. Hope more people catch on!

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 03:29 PM
    Glad to know, I wanna give it a shot now too.

Posted via CB10 - FinalD_WPG - C00016D82
    05-21-13 03:46 PM