Can I only access my email from the hub? Nowhere else? Like a little mail folder or something?

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 12:35 PM
    Can I only access my email from the hub? Nowhere else? Like a little mail folder or something?

Posted via CB10

Why would you want that? Lol

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 12:37 PM
    For the sake of argument, they give you a text icon on the applications screen, and a BBM icon there too.
    Why no mail icon?

Maybe it would be nice to have a notification that you have mail? Something like that?
    02-22-13 12:41 PM
    For the sake of argument, they give you a text icon on the applications screen, and a BBM icon there too.
    Why no mail icon?

Maybe it would be nice to have a notification that you have mail? Something like that?
    You don't need one. it's only a swipe away from anywhere.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 12:52 PM
    I guess I will have to try and adjust to the hub. Or I hope GMAIL will make an app soon.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 12:52 PM
    So I have to swipe just to see if there are messages.
    Got it.

That's progress. Oops - no it isn't. You need one.
    02-22-13 02:32 PM
    So I have to swipe just to see if there are messages.
    Got it.

That's progress. Oops - no it isn't. You need one.
    No you don't, you have a red light telling you.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 02:49 PM
    But no one has answered the question

Can you if you choose for whatever reason limit the hub to email?
    02-22-13 04:56 PM
    But no one has answered the question

Can you if you choose for whatever reason limit the hub to email?
    You configure which accounts are displayed in BlackBerry Hub through Settings, Hub Management. It could not be easier.

Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z10
    02-22-13 05:17 PM
    Traditionally I had always turned off the red light, and the green network light. Never liked them. Then again, I liked the in holster profile and always knew when a message came in. Without profiles, that is gone also.

Guess you need that to tell if you have a message. How long does it blink for?
    02-22-13 05:18 PM
    Yes, only though the HUB.... Why they left the Text and BBM icons and no email icon is beyond me but??? I too can "live" with going to the Hub to check for an email when I see the LED flashing but would be nice to be able to see if it is an email or ??? on the home screen. Maybe Berry Popup for the Z10will be out soon and solve this for us!

R...

Why no mail icon?

02-22-13 05:58 PM
    Traditionally I had always turned off the red light, and the green network light. Never liked them. Then again, I liked the in holster profile and always knew when a message came in. Without profiles, that is gone also.

Guess you need that to tell if you have a message. How long does it blink for?
    Again you don't, it will be displayed on the lock screen, stop looking for holes in it.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 06:56 PM
    There are plenty of holes already there; don't need to look for more. Thanks.
    02-22-13 07:14 PM
    There are plenty of holes already there; don't need to look for more. Thanks.
    If you personally found a few holes then move on, this phone is not for you. It's not really for me either, I need my physical keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 02:26 AM
    Yes, only though the HUB.... Why they left the Text and BBM icons and no email icon is beyond me but??? I too can "live" with going to the Hub to check for an email when I see the LED flashing but would be nice to be able to see if it is an email or ??? on the home screen. Maybe Berry Popup for the Z10will be out soon and solve this for us!

R...
    So no at-a-glance......

Another strike against....list of cons keeps getting longer.....I like how on my SGIII and my 4S I see how many new messages there are, at a glance.
    02-23-13 10:13 AM
    So no at-a-glance......

Another strike against....list of cons keeps getting longer.....I like how on my SGIII and my 4S I see how many new messages there are, at a glance.
    That information is displayed on the lock screen, you see if it's an email, BBM, Facebook tweet etc as well as your next calendar entry

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 10:15 AM
    So if it is NOT locked, but the light has gone out, and I am on the home (applications screen) I have no idea that I have an e-mail unless I go into the hub.
    That has been made clear. And yes, it's not for me. But I want it to work...
    It just doesn't. Yet.
    02-23-13 10:26 AM
    So if it is NOT locked, but the light has gone out, and I am on the home (applications screen) I have no idea that I have an e-mail unless I go into the hub.
    It just doesn't. Yet.
    If the light has gone out it is locked, what are you talking about.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 10:28 AM
    So no at-a-glance......

Like so
    Attached Thumbnails E-Mail only in Hub?-img_00000337.jpg  
    02-23-13 10:32 AM
    It just doesn't. Yet.
    To clarify, once the screen light goes out the screen locks no matter what app you're in. If you want the info at a glance you either press the lock button to wake up the screen or you start a swipe up without lifting the finger of the screen, if what you see does not interest you, you than pull your finger back down and the screen light hoes out again.
    02-23-13 10:36 AM
    This is what I want to see.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails E-Mail only in Hub?-uploadfromtaptalk1361638727077.jpg  
    02-23-13 10:59 AM
    Or this.
    E-Mail only in Hub?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1361638822.263855.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    02-23-13 11:00 AM
    Or this.

Attached Thumbnails E-Mail only in Hub?-uploadfromtaptalk1361639141826.jpg  
    02-23-13 11:05 AM
    At a glance.
    I see all my messages.
    I am thinking that I am buying another 9900 for when my current one dies and jump on the Note 3 instead.
    Wait until some updates come through with added functionalities.

02-23-13 11:08 AM
    Clearly the Z10 is not for you, you either buy into its way of doing things or you don't, you forget the home screen is the multitasking screen so you'll not be able to see that without swiping anyway.

So instead you do a peek swipe or all the way to the hub and if the screen is out you see the info on the lock screen.

Couldn't be easier. I don't want a copy of Android or iOS.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 11:13 AM
30 12