When I go to compose an email, and start typing in who I want to send to, BlackBerry seems to index and search all my recent contacts (if they're not in the address book) among other entries, and then the contacts actually in my address book are at the bottom.

So if I want to send an email to myself, I type "cory" and 8 or 9 entries pop up (all wrong, and all things not in my contacts), and my v-card is at the bottom.

I remember in OS 7, you could turn off that feature, it was labeled 'use recent contacts' or something, but doesn't seem to be a way to turn it off in os10, unless I'm missing something?

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 11:16 AM
    When I go to compose an email, and start typing in who I want to send to, BlackBerry seems to index and search all my recent contacts (if they're not in the address book) among other entries, and then the contacts actually in my address book are at the bottom.

So if I want to send an email to myself, I type "cory" and 8 or 9 entries pop up (all wrong, and all things not in my contacts), and my v-card is at the bottom.

I remember in OS 7, you could turn off that feature, it was labeled 'use recent contacts' or something, but doesn't seem to be a way to turn it off in os10, unless I'm missing something?

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    No way to turn it off yet. Hard to say if BlackBerry will or not. I actually find it quite useful, as it's pretty accurate for me. But I do understand the issue, it can be annoying
    08-04-13 12:14 PM
    No way to turn it off yet. Hard to say if BlackBerry will or not. I actually find it quite useful, as it's pretty accurate for me. But I do understand the issue, it can be annoying
    I'd love using the feature, and probably use it a lot, but would like it if my contacts were at the top, not the bottom.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 12:20 PM
    I'd love using the feature, and probably use it a lot, but would like it if my contacts were at the top, not the bottom.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. Hopefully they tone is down

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 03:09 PM
    Which contacts is ser as your default for sync? Personally I have only one account to sync my contacts (to avoid duplicates and wrong info getting mixed up), yet email addresses that come in or out of my 4 email account - 2 EAS, one POP3, one IMAP - all are available to searches in TO/CC fields.

So I'm curious if you have more than one contacts syncing to other accounts. Another thought is are any contacts set to local? I dont personally.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 09:34 PM
    Which contacts is ser as your default for sync? Personally I have only one account to sync my contacts (to avoid duplicates and wrong info getting mixed up), yet email addresses that come in or out of my 4 email account - 2 EAS, one POP3, one IMAP - all are available to searches in TO/CC fields.

So I'm curious if you have more than one contacts syncing to other accounts. Another thought is are any contacts set to local? I dont personally.

Posted via CB10
    I have 3 email accounts, but only 1 with contact sync.
    08-04-13 10:35 PM