ok honestly the reason i use the physical keyboard alot on my torch is cuz blackberry has an awful virtual keyboard... but damn this new one on bb 10.. omg. lol thats like the most impressive smartphone feature ive seen maybe other than its amazing time-warping camera.. bb 10 "is a go". quote flossy carter.
    05-02-12 04:16 PM
    And that's only the things we have seen!

The Dev Alpha is running a modified PlayBook OS, and otherwise we have not been shown much of BB10 that has confirmed to be final.

It's easy to assume that we know everything about BB10 (as people calling BB10 a failure do), but in reality we know less than what we know about the next iPhone/iPad that Apple is secretly working on.
    05-02-12 05:42 PM
    I was impressed actually. The two apps they showed were really cool.
    I think they were encourged by the reception as well.
    I think RIM now needs to make the final hardware distinctive and polished.
    The need to carefully choose their design theme and ensure it will amply support future upgrades.
    Then ultimately coordinate the launch with the marketing.
    Here marketing does not mean just spending millions but targeted and effective.
    05-03-12 07:06 AM
    RIM just invented the first virtual keyboard made for one handed use.

It's actually amazing! The whole phone is a trackpad. Swipe to delete. Keyboard learns your typing. Keyboard is layered so that the next predicted word is over the letter you'll be pressing next. Just float the word up.

That's just good stuff. I can't wait to try that keyboard.

BlackBerry is known, and will still be known, for having the best keyboards in the industry.
    peter9477 likes this.
    05-03-12 07:11 AM
    I'm actually looking forward to trying out the virtual keyboard. I haven't used one on a phone sized device that worked well for me. I've been physical qwerty since the Treo600 was released, but this looks like a good experience.
    05-03-12 09:26 AM
    Coming from using both physical (Style) and virtual (Photon) what I've seen looks like a positive step ahead. Swipe removing words is awesome, and the predictive/learning features will be sweet. Go RIM!
    05-03-12 09:47 AM
    Great looking touch screen keyboard and features.
    At some point, I would really like to see the swipe to erase on the PB. I'm confident it will happen.
    05-03-12 10:07 AM
    the keyboard looks really dope. I had an iphone for about 4 months and couldnt do the on-screen keyboard. but this one looks really good.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-05-12 01:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD