Anyone know why my draft folder would not be able to be synced to my Passport. Running 10.2 OS. This problem has been around since 10.1.

Draft folder -activesync outlook account-img_20150602_155820.png

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 06:13 PM
    Are you talking outlook or outlook.com? I use outlook. Com and it will sync, but only one message. If I draft two or more emails, whether on the device or the desktop, only one will sync.
    06-02-15 06:20 PM
    I am using office 365. It does not matter if I start a draft on the desktop or on the web app. Same issue.

It seems strange why the drafts and other folders are greyed out and I can not select them.
    06-03-15 04:41 PM
    In the Outlook 365 (Outlook 2013) desktop app, I have it set to sync with my Outlook.com (Could Microsoft use more confusing names?!)

The Drafts folder is for "This computer only" so it's possible the drafts folder just doesn't sync.
    06-04-15 12:13 AM
    I believe it's a BlackBerry problem. Drafts folder syncs with Nine Email on my Android devices.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 07:59 AM
    It's not a 'BlackBerry problem'. My Exchange/ActiveSync works perfectly including syncing drafts folder. I can't say for sure but I suspect it could be a limitation of the Outlook.com mail service.

If anyone is interested, I can provide premium MS Exchange email service for a few as just 1 address.

Cheers

Q10 (SQN100-3 : 10.3.2.158), Passport (SQW-100 : 10.3.1.1779)
    mikael11 likes this.
    06-04-15 06:44 PM
    It's not a 'BlackBerry problem'. My Exchange/ActiveSync works perfectly including syncing drafts folder. I can't say for sure but I suspect it could be a limitation of the Outlook.com mail service.

If anyone is interested, I can provide premium MS Exchange email service for a few as just 1 address.

Cheers

Q10 (SQN100-3 : 10.3.2.158), Passport (SQW-100 : 10.3.1.1779)
    Did you read where I wrote that Drafts sync on my Android with the same account?

That said, still nothing beats BlackBerry 10 for work email management.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 07:47 PM
    I use MS Exchange, and my drafts sync perfectly to my Passport. You may need to change a setting somewhere. I've found that calling MS tech support is not a painful experience, and the engineers in India or elsewhere in the Middle East are great to deal with. Good luck.
    06-04-15 11:16 PM
    Draft sync is a feature that EAS doesn't currently support, but it is coming per Microsoft:

Announcing Exchange ActiveSync v16 - Exchange dev blog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs

While pure Exchange will support the feature, Office365 will not until the next upgrade...
    06-09-15 09:42 AM
    Draft sync is a feature that EAS doesn't currently support, but it is coming per Microsoft:

Announcing Exchange ActiveSync v16 - Exchange dev blog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs

While pure Exchange will support the feature, Office365 will not until the next upgrade...
    Ok, Microsoft is on a roll confusing me again...

First we have Outlook (desktop application)
    Now there's Outlook.com

Outlook comes in a couple of varieties - Outlook 2013 and Outlook as part of Office 365

I have an Office 365 subscription which gets me Office 2013 apps, but it doesn't come with email, just an expanded inbox for Outlook.com.

So what's this Office 365 Email they're talking about? "mailbox in Office 365"

My head hurts.

EDIT: I sure hope they enable contact groups at some point - I have Outlook sync'd with Outlook (How's that for confusing...) but contact groups aren't supported.
    06-09-15 10:16 AM
    In this instance, it's 'email hosted on an Office365 platform', which means outlook.com and Office365 hosted domain mail.

Outlook as an actual application can be set up with any kind of mail: IMAP, POP, EAS, etc so just ignore the actual programme in this kind of notice.
    06-09-15 10:46 AM
    I have the same issue since we changed from our own exchange server to office365. I find it anoying as sometimes I would finish the email later and send with the mobile. Found a way around it. In outlook you can change the folder where the drafts save (options->email). You can change it to inbox and that you will see them. Not perfect solution but anyway we have no other choice right now do we...
    11-04-15 11:42 AM
    Has this issue been solved, I am still having this issue on my Passport. Thanks for the help!
    01-01-19 12:47 PM
    Ok, Microsoft is on a roll confusing me again...

First we have Outlook (desktop application)
    Now there's Outlook.com

Outlook comes in a couple of varieties - Outlook 2013 and Outlook as part of Office 365

I have an Office 365 subscription which gets me Office 2013 apps, but it doesn't come with email, just an expanded inbox for Outlook.com.

So what's this Office 365 Email they're talking about? "mailbox in Office 365"

My head hurts.

EDIT: I sure hope they enable contact groups at some point - I have Outlook sync'd with Outlook (How's that for confusing...) but contact groups aren't supported.
    The simple explanation is as follows:
    Outlook as a stand alone mail client has existed for years and communicates with EAS and various email servers.
    Outlook.com is simply a Web based version of Outlook that syncs with your email client whether it is the free or paid version.
    365 was created for ISPS such as godaddy and corporations that did not want to hassle or expense of hosting an EAS on site or remote. It was set up with regular sync because most users would work within either the. Web based client or the corporate client application

Outlook 2013 was a stand alone product that also came as part of office 2013. 365 is a type of SAS, or software as a service.

I agree the naming of products was never a Microsoft strong point hit I imagine they were trying to provide a transition for people more familiar with the Outlook client that came first.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-19 10:29 AM
    Has this issue been solved, I am still having this issue on my Passport. Thanks for the help!
    It looks like this may not yet be supported LLH. In other words, for corporate Office 365-based Exchange EAS e-mail, Drafts will not sync on any mobile device--not just BB10.
    01-08-19 09:33 PM
    It looks like this may not yet be supported LLH. In other words, for corporate Office 365-based Exchange EAS e-mail, Drafts will not sync on any mobile device--not just BB10.
    Understood, thanks for getting back to me so quickly!
    01-09-19 12:15 AM