Okay this is so not just a windows 8 problem. It happened to me twice tonight on my work computer running Windows XP professional. I've used these computers for 2 years every day and it never crashed, but at the same time I never charged my Z10 on it. These are government computers with the highest security and very restricted access.

It happened to the only other person on my level with a BlackBerry 10 phone as well on their XP computer yesterday, I didn't realise it was because they were charging their phone until it happened to me and I asked them about it and put 2 and 2 together

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 04:45 AM
    Okay this is so not just a windows 8 problem. It happened to me twice tonight on my work computer running Windows XP professional. I've used these computers for 2 years every day and it never crashed, but at the same time I never charged my Z10 on it. These are government computers with the highest security and very restricted access.

It happened to the only other person on my level with a BlackBerry 10 phone as well on their XP computer yesterday, I didn't realise it was because they were charging their phone until it happened to me and I asked them about it and put 2 and 2 together

Posted via CB10
    Keep in mind. Even Microsoft doesn't support Windows XP anymore.

I'm not surprised your having problems. *that* sounds like an imaging problem.

Posted via CB from my LE
    11-23-13 08:00 PM
    Keep in mind. Even Microsoft doesn't support Windows XP anymore.

I'm not surprised your having problems. *that* sounds like an imaging problem.

Posted via CB from my LE
    Yeah the Government here loves running old technology. I use xp professional on office 2003 with Internet Explorer 7 every night

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 08:57 PM
    Yeah the Government here loves running old technology. I use xp professional on office 2003 with Internet Explorer 7 every night

Posted via CB10
    ....terrible considering how the government contains the most sensitive information having old systems is just not smart from a security standpoint. IE11 is said to be one of the most secure browsers
    11-23-13 09:08 PM
    ....terrible considering how the government contains the most sensitive information having old systems is just not smart from a security standpoint. IE11 is said to be one of the most secure browsers
    At least they moved him to Ie7 - yay tabs!

My work place is not much better. We have about 11,000 systems on W7. About 6,000 systems on XP, and 23 still on NT.

But my last count was about 114 servers running 2000. And about 2500 servers running 2003. Plus all the 2008 and 2013's.

All of which I have to track through our environment daily. Do I'm not tooooo surprised.

Posted via CB from my LE
    11-24-13 02:02 AM
    I have BlackBerry link on my windows 8 and I plug my BlackBerry to it regularly and I have not experienced the BSOD once

I do regular backup, side loading etc

Posted via CB10
    11-24-13 06:03 AM
    Although we are no longer a Govt Department here on the railway we run a lot of thinking clients with Windows XP Embedded and IE8 running...

To make sure the trains which run on Windows 95 and 98FE go the right way.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-13 07:18 AM
    Hello, I found problem with dpc.*****.violation on Windows 8 64-bit, USB 3.0 (I don't have 2.0 on my Asus). After few days of reading, looking for solution I did this (I have polish Win8, my english isn't as good as it should be, I'm translating on my own):

Power Managment (Settings) -> Change plan settings -> Change advanced power settings -> USB settings -> USB selective suspend settings -> Disable both battery and Plugged in.

After I did this there was no BSOD. I hope it'll work for you too.
    03-27-14 01:41 PM
58 123