Your analogy is flawed: and iPhone 4 or 5S are both still running the same core OS. Even on different versions, the guts are the same, BlackBerry 10 and BBOS are two very different animals. Try swapping information from say a Windows 7 PC to a Windows 98 machine and see how well it works.

Yes, BlackBerry made a mistake in not making transitions from BB10 and BBOS easy, but they also have a vested interest in moving forward.

On a slightly separate sidenote, I used a 9900 for the first time in close to a year yesterday and in comparison to my Q10 there's no way I'd ever consider going back. It just seemed so cramped and laggy. There are different tastes for everyone though so enjoy.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, ur are indeed "correct" now that I think about it. So sorry for being "flawed" in my analogy. You can't update the iPhone 4 to the higher OS's....how long is my timeout for??

Sent from another device other than my Q10 ,using CB Forums
    05-20-14 06:50 AM
    On a slightly separate sidenote, I used a 9900 for the first time in close to a year yesterday and in comparison to my Q10 there's no way I'd ever consider going back. It just seemed so cramped and laggy. There are different tastes for everyone though so enjoy.

Posted via CB10
    I held my 9900 the other day, after 7 months of using my Z30, and I'll admit that I missed it. The Form factor in my hand was just so good. The perfect size. Yes, screen is too small now, but I still find myself balancing my Z30 when doing some tasks, or trying to fit it in the pocket of my jeans.

I wouldn't switch back, but wouldn't mind keeping both in tandem. Like one for travel, one for work. I'm still in the honeymoon phase with my Z30, so when I recently went to Mexico, I didn't want to talk it for fear of losing it or damage. But if my 9900 was up to date, sure I would have taken it.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    05-20-14 10:44 AM
    I wouldn't have a problem going bCk to the 9900. I use my phone primarily for emails and texting. Maybe check the news. I can do that on any phone. I don't watch videos, I dont play games.

05-20-14 10:49 AM
    The only issue for me if I did indeed go back to the 9900 is the camera. Other than that it's fine.

05-20-14 10:50 AM
    I would never go back to OS7

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 11:08 AM
    Why would any tech company make provisions to downgrade? Does Apple or Microsoft do this? Hardly seems like BBRY is being "arrogant".
    Actually, with Apple the conversation would go something like this:

You - "I want to downgrade my os."
    Apple- "no you don't."
    You - "believe me, I do."
    Apple, sneering - "well sir, when you upgraded to the new OS you agreed that you would never again use the old OS. It's right here on page 118 of the license agreement."
    05-20-14 11:21 AM
31 12