I guess I should have been flicking up-right but the problem is the same.

From the home screen, click the text message app.
    Click a text message.
    Flick up to go back to the home screen.
    Now flick up-right. What do you see? Not emails, right?

As for "where is your Z10": it's here, in my hand.

Attachment 141266
    You don't have to click on the text messaging app, go to the hub directly.
    03-14-13 04:07 PM
    Carriers wanted it because they make money off of text messages and wanted to ensure people still knew they could use text messaging. Yes, sad world we live in.
    Carriers don't make money off of me for text messaging - I've had unlimited text messaging for years on my plan.

But I do have a question about email and this seemed the best place to post it. When you hit compose from the hub in order to create/send an email message, underneath the "To" box there is a grey coloured box that lists the last two individuals I have emailed. I presume this is so that you can easily click on a person's and email them again. Once you start typing an address in the "To" box, the grey coloured box underneath disappears.

Is there an option, and if so where is it, that will turn this "feature" off, i.e., I do not want the grey coloured box to appear showing me the last two people I emailed.
    03-14-13 04:27 PM
    You don't have to click on the text messaging app, go to the hub directly.
    But the issue remains that if I read a text message, then go back to the home screen, then I get an email and want to go straight to emails, when I bring up the HUB it shows me the last thing I was looking at which was the text message.

Right? Or am I doing something wrong?
    03-14-13 05:05 PM
    But the issue remains that if I read a text message, then go back to the home screen, then I get an email and want to go straight to emails, when I bring up the HUB it shows me the last thing I was looking at which was the text message.

You are right. The same applies to any account you open in the Hub. e.g. If you open BBM, then open a BBM chat, then close to the home screen by swiping up...the next time you go to the Hub it will take a few swipes and will be set on BBM (or whatever you used last and closed out of in this manner).
    03-14-13 05:20 PM

Your issue was addressed in post #19.

Also, what if you are in a conversation and need to grab a link or read something off the web then come back. Would you then complain that it closes your conversation when you weren't done with it yet?
    03-14-13 06:18 PM
    Your issue was addressed in post #19.

Also, what if you are in a conversation and need to grab a link or read something off the web then come back. Would you then complain that it closes your conversation when you weren't done with it yet?
    I should be able to choose whether I go back to my text convo that I wasn't done with or go somewhere else. Instead, I'm sent to a central location that just pulls up the last thing I was looking at. I mean, obviously I'm ok with apps pulling up the last thing I was looking at, but that means pulling up the last text if I choose text and the last email if I choose email. I shouldn't have to see a text, then my text main list, then have to choose my email account to get back to email. That seems pretty obvious.

As for your question: yes, I probably would. You know why? Because I invested in this device and feel it should do basic things like letting me choose what to look at. I've been on this platform since the 7290. Every iteration I make excuses to myself about why the OS doesn't do this or that. I know I'm not the only one.

A simple tile on the home screen that takes you straight to email could have coexisted with the HUB.
    03-15-13 03:14 PM
    Post 19 didn't address any of this, or did you do that and it's still too much work?
    03-15-13 04:29 PM
    This is so poorly thought out.

Removing text messages from the HUB doesn't really do anything. Let's say I'm reading a text message. I then go back to the home screen. Now I get an email and want to read it. I flick left, I get the text message I was just reading. I flick left again, I get my text message main list. I have to flick a 3rd time and then select my email account to see emails.

Awful, awful design.
    I agree... i think the Hub should default to the main collection every time you leave and then return to it.

Apparently so do lots of other people: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...update-769694/ so hopefully we will see an update to address this. Or at least give the option.
    03-16-13 12:46 PM
    So the Hub leaves the last communications show to the user up when you leave it. This is how flow is supposed to work. When you leave an app running to do something else and come back later, the app is supposed to be right where you left off. If you close the SMS message the next time you swipe up-right you will see the normal HUB display with what ever you have configured.
    03-16-13 01:42 PM
    I'd like to see an option to go to the main hub as part of the hub peek gesture. It would be nice if when you swipe up and to the right you could do a quick up/down motion that would take you back to the main hub. Basically an additional motion while in the e peek gesture to serve as a ">back" function. Up/down once takes you back a layer, up/down twice to reset to the main hub.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 02:14 PM
    can we not filter out unwanted emails? Before I could filter to just recieve certain emails with filters. I can't find anywhere to filter out my email.
    04-05-13 09:41 PM
    I want to filter my email like I could before.
    04-05-13 09:44 PM
    The hub

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 09:52 PM
    OP - this is such a solid post and really exposes the myth of the hub. It seems that most CB members have been sworn to uphold the belief that the hub is sacred, whereas your point about seperate apps for email and text messaging, bbm etc is quite valid.

For me, it comes down to this - BB have positioned the hub as their 'killer app', if they add an email app - which would be really welcome and very useful - they would lose the draw of the hub, and it would just be relegated the the 'messages' function of the previous generation of BB devices.

I don't actually own a Z10 yet, and the hub is one of the major things keeping me away. As I suspect many others do, I use my phone for personal use and work, and no way do I want my work emails jumbled up with all of my personal accounts. So I can filter the view, great. Why can't I just see different accounts seperated out from the start?
    04-06-13 12:59 AM
    Yes the hub

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 01:34 AM
    OP - this is such a solid post and really exposes the myth of the hub. It seems that most CB members have been sworn to uphold the belief that the hub is sacred, whereas your point about seperate apps for email and text messaging, bbm etc is quite valid.

For me, it comes down to this - BB have positioned the hub as their 'killer app', if they add an email app - which would be really welcome and very useful - they would lose the draw of the hub, and it would just be relegated the the 'messages' function of the previous generation of BB devices.

I don't actually own a Z10 yet, and the hub is one of the major things keeping me away. As I suspect many others do, I use my phone for personal use and work, and no way do I want my work emails jumbled up with all of my personal accounts. So I can filter the view, great. Why can't I just see different accounts seperated out from the start?
    This is a weird complaint since every blackberry ever mad had a unified inbox.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 01:35 AM
    Carriers wanted it because they make money off of text messages and wanted to ensure people still knew they could use text messaging. Yes, sad world we live in.
    Best explanation.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 02:09 AM
    When you set-up each email account it gets its own tab within BlackBerry Hub allowing you to display only the email for that account. I have a personal account and a work account configured on my BlackBerry Z10.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    04-06-13 04:25 AM
    These are some weird posts to read. If you physically have the phone and don't understand that you can see individual accounts within the hub, you have to read up or watch some tutorial videos or something. It's like complaining that your car doesn't drive, and it's a poor design, yet you haven't even put the key in the ignition yet.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 07:15 AM
    These are some weird posts to read. If you physically have the phone and don't understand that you can see individual accounts within the hub, you have to read up or watch some tutorial videos or something. It's like complaining that your car doesn't drive, and it's a poor design, yet you haven't even put the key in the ignition yet.

Posted via CB10
    Well, it used to be the case the the CrackBerry forums were a place for BB enthusiasts and users to get good natured help and assistance from other BB users, but I realise that times have changed and evangelists and fanboys now rule, sigh.

From everthing I've seen in the tutorial videos etc, the hub acts as a unified inbox, which you can seperate with additional steps (swipe to the right, filter), but not a place to view two different email accounts, seperated, but side by side in dual 'tabbed' hubs. If this is indeed the case, the info is v helpful.
    04-06-13 08:37 AM
    I actually prefer the hub.

I have 3 email accounts set up on a regular basis and add a fourth one on the weekends. Before on my curve I had a separate icon on my home screen for each one. Every time there was a splat (or is it spark?) I had to open the email because my ocd hated to have that little red mark. I have 2 jobs and I would be checking email for one job while on the other but would then would need to mark the email as unread so I wouldn't forget to go back to it later.

With the hub I have my secondary job email and my weekend email set up so they don't show up in my main hub view. I still get notifications when email comes in - and I can peek over and see what has come in but I'm a lot more comfortable leaving the email unread. Then, when I switch to my second job, I just have that tab on so it is the main account I see.

To me the hub is amazing and very functional. I haven't used the texting icon since I got this phone and I only use the bbm icon for my work groups.

With all that said I'm not sure why the option for individual mail icons wasn't included. Perhaps it will come in an update but I'm not sure I'd count on it.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Vorkosigan; 04-06-13 at 09:17 AM.
    04-06-13 09:07 AM
    But why is there is a 'Text Messages' App and not an Email App?

Attachment 133954
    I would agree, that if you are going to break out txt, you should most certainly break out email into its own app. I think BB tried so drastically to get away from their centralized push email that they over-compensated. I think the hub should be your total view of whats going on in your world, but if you want to get to your email I dont see why we couldnt have an email app that links you directly to your email feed in the hub... maybe its because they want us to take advantage of the cool gestures :P
    04-06-13 11:21 AM
    Personally, I prefer the Hub. On my 9700, I would put all the email icons into a separate folder just to get them off my screen. I liked having just one inbox for email.

Strangely enough, I preferred to keep SMS messages out of the inbox. I had non BlackBerry friends added in BBM, so they showed up there even if they weren't on BBM.

On the Z10, I don't have to go searching for the email icon. Just one (as someone called it) banana swipe and I've got the inbox in front of me.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 05:05 PM
    An easy solution would be to leave the Hub only for email and check all other messages separately in their own apps (text, Facebook, LinkedIn, BBM, WhatsApp, etc.). You'll see the splat in each when a message arrives.

This will not give you a home screen icon for each email account but would provide a separate App for email (The Hub) with easy account switching inside it.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 05:14 PM
49 12