I use the Bedside Mode on my Passport every night when I am at home, eg the Passport sits in it's charging dock on the bedside table (nightstand to our N American friends) and the Bedside Mode presents an analogue clock in Red.

I'm not too sure of how the phone screen actually makes the colours that are presented, and whether Red is a colour all on its own, or a mixture of different colours (I usually slept through Physics classes).....

I was very interested to read this article on the BBC about all mobile phones needing a Non-Blue Bedside mode..... Phones need 'bed mode' to protect sleep - BBC News

Have BlackBerry already cracked this? Are they already way ahead of the pack? Or am I just barking up the wrong tree?

[Note: my sleep is easily disturbed by the light emitted from many types of electronic clocks, and when travelling I often have to cover up whatever sleep-disturbing-clock is in my hotel room - yet the Bedside Mode on my Passport never disturbs my sleep, and it is easily bright enough to read in the dark.]

Excerpt from article:
    Smartphones, tablets and e-readers should have an automatic "bedtime mode" that stops them disrupting people's sleep, says a leading doctor. Prof Paul Gringras argued the setting should filter out the blue light that delays the body clock and keeps people awake later into the evening.

Also:
    I think that Bedside Mode is so good on the Passport, that when my brother-in-law's brother finally buys himself a Passport (I've been pushing him in the right direction, but he's currently being swayed from the true path by positive reviews of the Priv), I've thought of getting him a charging dock for Christmas (they're on offer on Amazon UK at the moment) so he can have Bedside Mode too.....
    Last edited by BigAl_BB9900; 11-15-15 at 12:25 AM.
    11-14-15 07:47 PM
    Bedside mode seems to do the trick filering out blue light and dimming down the analog clock face. Well done BlackBerry. Phone still receives texts and emails while asleep but nicely shuts down all alerts. As usual BB10 is way ahead of the pack

Posted via CB10
    Vistaus and miker476 like this.
    11-15-15 05:38 AM
    Bedside mode seems to do the trick filering out blue light and dimming down the analog clock face. Well done BlackBerry. Phone still receives texts and emails while asleep but nicely shuts down all alerts. As usual BB10 is way ahead of the pack

Posted via CB10
    I have set up many Custom Alerts on my Passport - for some reason the Custom Alert for my mother's texts and emails (Yoda: 'message from the dark side there is') DOES PLAY when the Phone is in Bedside Mode (though none of the other Custom Alerts do). I assume I changed some setting somewhere in Contacts....
    11-15-15 09:33 AM
    Tangentially; blue LEDs are a plague - tired of the room being lit up like a Christmas tree. Red LED positively soothing by comparion.
    11-15-15 11:08 AM
    I have set up many Custom Alerts on my Passport - for some reason the Custom Alert for my mother's texts and emails (Yoda: 'message from the dark side there is') DOES PLAY when the Phone is in Bedside Mode (though none of the other Custom Alerts do). I assume I changed some setting somewhere in Contacts....
    Check your Mother's notification settings. If you have her set to override the profile setting, they will still come through in Bedside mode. I had to tell my wife not to call me or text while I'm out of town trying to sleep for just this reason. And yes, I really am sleeping. LOL.

Posted from my Verizon Z10 10.3.2.858
    11-15-15 06:48 PM