Greetings,
    Anyone know for sure if "Hide Updates" feature on bbm actually save bandwidth or only hiding the updates from displaying?

You can find hide updates feature when you see updates and select and hold an update from contact, and choose "Hide Updates" on the bottom right of the screen.

If it will save bandwidth therefore battery, I'll use it, since I have lots of bbm contacts that I don't actually know, and don't care about their status updates

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    yvpan1 likes this.
    04-01-13 10:49 AM
    Greetings,
    Anyone know for sure if "Hide Updates" feature on bbm actually save bandwidth or only hiding the updates from displaying?

You can find hide updates feature when you see updates and select and hold an update from contact, and choose "Hide Updates" on the bottom right of the screen.

If it will save bandwidth therefore battery, I'll use it, since I have lots of bbm contacts that I don't actually know, and don't care about their status updates

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    thank God you've saved me!!! since day 1 I got my z10 I've been so frustrated on how I can hide any updates from my BBM as that has an impact on the battery life and having this hidden will significantly improve it. I dunno how this exactly means but I believe this option will not only hide any updates from a contact to show off but it will also deactivate the status update push from that particular contact (just like when you toggle your "show music updates from bbm contacts" to OFF then the BBM will just shut that feature down not just have it hidden")

but this is still way too troublesome as I have almost 500 BBM contacts on my Z and I need to keep checking the updates menu and hide my contact's updates until the whole 500 has been covered.... BBRY you need to reinstate the "recent updates" toggle menu shown on the legacy BBM back to the BBM for BB10, come on MOVE!
    04-01-13 03:33 PM
    I agree. But it will be much better if we can block contact updates by category. Currently I have 1800+ contacts.

FYI, Bbm stress test from cb said it maxed out at 2050 contacts.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 08:44 PM