Hello everyone,

I just read a news article saying that BB10 consumer devices no longer use BIS to connect to the network.
    Does that mean that the days of paying an extra BB fee to my mobile provider will be over?
    12-29-12 05:30 AM
    Jan 30 2013
    12-29-12 09:24 AM
    I believe it will be tiered. We will not know the whole story and options available until the 30th. With that said, however, the carriers currently include the fee in the contract price. I don't pay any more or less for my plan than any other OS..... Well maybe less as I don't need as much data to accomplish what I need. If given a choice, I will continue to use BIS as long as it's not some ridiculous price.
    12-29-12 10:35 AM
    Could you tell us where you read that? RIM has already stated that BIS will still be required. To what extent, we don't know yet, other that the possible tiered option mentioned above.
    12-30-12 12:18 AM
    12-30-12 08:04 AM
    Hello everyone,

I just read a news article saying that BB10 consumer devices no longer use BIS to connect to the network.
    Does that mean that the days of paying an extra BB fee to my mobile provider will be over?
    For consumers we will be getting the best of both worlds. RIM will not be charging carriers a fee for BIS for consumers. Whether the carriers stop charging you the fee even though they aren't paying it anymore is another question I don't have the answer too.
    12-30-12 08:16 AM
    Jan 30 2013
    Valid question from a fairly new member, not a very Crackberry friendly answer. I hope back in Feb when you were new folks were friendlier to your questions. They were to mine and that's why I am still here
    12-30-12 08:22 AM
    Could you tell us where you read that? RIM has already stated that BIS will still be required. To what extent, we don't know yet, other that the possible tiered option mentioned above.
    Yes, i read it here: Will BlackBerry 10 signal the death of BIS/BES requirements for new devices? | NerdBerry.net
    12-30-12 03:45 PM
    Ah, that was last August, before RIM confirmed that even though the Dev units didn't need it, the final BB10 devices will require it. I can't find it since I'm on my phone, but it was news at least a month ago or so.
    12-30-12 06:01 PM
    Valid question from a fairly new member, not a very Crackberry friendly answer. I hope back in Feb when you were new folks were friendlier to your questions. They were to mine and that's why I am still here
    How is that not friendly? Jan 30th is the press conference for the release dates and info about the BB10's. Nothing wrong with it.
    12-30-12 06:06 PM