After about 3 weeks of research and lot of help from the CB community I've decided to go for a Z3. Having a 5" micromax canvas also helped me get over my apprehensions of an on-screen keyboard.

However, I begun my research on the OS now and am surprised to find many glitches around core functionality -- contact management, email syncing, calendar syncing, battery life, email UI, etc.

Example: bug list/feature observations for BB10 on Z10 - BlackBerry Support Community Forums and 10 Biggest BlackBerry 10 Annoyances

The reason I'm looking to move out of android is to get a rock solid device with brilliant communication and browsing capabilities. I don't want to plonk 16k (inr) on a z3 and get irritated with niggles around emails, contacts, and calendar (all Google)

So, is BB10 there yet?

My other alternative is Lumia device.
    08-20-14 04:36 AM
    Yup. It all works.
    Im on 10.3 and even THAT works.
    08-20-14 05:29 AM
    You won't be disappointed and it can only get better.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" Get's a Ten from Fen.
    08-20-14 05:52 AM
    Most of the 'Bugs' you find listed around here are more inconveniences for people that have very specific wishes.

Sync'ing accounts works just fine. Those that run into issues mostly have very peculiar settings and/or contradictory wishes. Or they that use unpredictable hybrid builds.
    I have had 3 accounts + social media set up, and not since 10.0.0 have I had major issues.

BB10 is one of the best out-of-the-box OSs I have tried. The only thing is the gestures take a little getting used to.
    _____
    Sure there are parts that still need fixing/optimising, but any OS has those. And even if something goes wrong, it is pretty easy to back up stuff on BB10 and just reload it.

Additionally, what I would consider my personal big flaws at the moment:
    - imperfect support for international languages (addresses, number recognition, hyperlinks).
    - No hardware media controls for Android players.
    - No landscape mode 'simulator' for 1:1 devices.
    - Sometimes password fields are not secure (browser) and your password ends up as a Word Suggestion.
    - no changeable permissions for Android apps.
    - BlackBerry built FB app needs an upgrade (news feed problem).

Channel: C0007CC89 | CB10 signed.
    08-20-14 06:08 AM
    Most of the points listed were gone after 10.2.1 update. Only a few left which is a bit inconvenience but not a deal-breaker. Since I had the Z3, I only had problem with the contact app one time or two where all the contacts somehow disappear but a reset fix it.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 07:21 AM
    Believe me, every OS has their own bugs and annoyances. The good thing is when you stumble into one, the community is teeming with knowledge to help you solve your problem.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    08-20-14 07:25 AM